Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trackers which carry v3 torrents

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.O.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Yeah...I'm the clueless one.

I was just trying to persuade you from acting like a douche everytime somebody brings up FLAC or V0. But I guess that's not going to happen. We get it. You like lower bitrate mp3's. But because of this, you shouldn't be mis-informing other users.

Well, I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you spouting insults like some teenager. You do enough of that around here for the both of us.
    Your posts haven't informed anybody of anything except your opinion that music ripped in VBR is bad quality. I at least suggested that users do a blindtest and make up their own mind.
    hey man thanks for the advice.. I have done a blind test myself and since then have been looking for lower bitrate torrents. so would ever download something which wasn't VBR? like 192 or 128?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    naw i stick with VBR unless it's not an option. CBR bitrates are alot less efficient spacewise. V2 is about the same size as 192 CBR but the quality is better. Also VBR is great on tracks with long amounts of empty space ie bonus tracks. Lastly VBR is encoded using LAME which is generally considered the best mp3 encoder, whereas CBR could be encoded various ways. At the end of the day it doesn't really make much of a difference unless you're dealing with a transcode or a very low bitrate (128 is pushing it, i'd say 192 CBR or v5 is the lowest I'd be happy downloading), as long as you end up listening to the music you like
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 07-11-2008 at 07:50 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    +1

VBR is awesome in terms of size in respect to quality as opposed to CBR.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123