Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.k Ram

Poster
    I found 512MB of PC133 SDRAM at a website for £35 which is not too bad, considering it could boost the RAM of my system to 768MB.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Ok checked out my system with Sisandra software Max 3 Sisoft Sandra Pro Max3 2003.rar and have found that I have 2x128mb sticks of dimm-sdram already installed and the prices I got were for sdram, going by a previous post sdram is obsolete now and may be affecting the price but i think I read somewhere that if I already have sdram I cannot mix it with ddr ram, is this right or have I picked it up wrong because I'm suspecting my motherboard won't take ddr ram

Btw will some1 please message me on yahoo,msn icq anything and explain how to put a sig2dat hyperlink in this forum using k-lite version 2.40
    Thanks....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    You can't mix sdram and ddr-dram on the same board.
    Sdram has a 168 pin connector, ddr-dram has 184 pin.
    Some boards can accept both types (they have both sorts of slot), but you can only use one sort at any one time.

There is a very good reason why you are having problems with the sig2dat links - they are only allowed in the verified sections, which goes back to the days when guests were allowed in but could not see the verifieds. Otherwise, the format of that link looks ok.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Thanks my friend there's a couple of things sorted...

Any chance of ppl who posted how cheap there ram was letting me know where they got it???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12