Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of HD

Why do the people excessively use smileys when they promote their site?
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    tknaught's Avatar +3 dB BT Rep: +2
    Have you thought about how you will differentiate your site from other HD trackers? I mean I know there are some collectors who will join any site that's offered to them, but for users of sites like Bit-HDTV or HDBits which have a large library of torrents and good internal encoders, is there a reason they should want to join your site?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    We have looked on the sites Bit hdtv etc, they are good but look at all of them. They have the tbdev standard look (one thing we are tryin to change from it) about they have big library of torrents, thats not a problem ( cuz every torrentsitee start with 0 torrents) We are working with the uploaders, we got some and we will get more. I cant tell you more couse we dont know how the rules will be yet thats why we wanted you to tell us.

//hdtransmission

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    It is nice that you are looking for input from people here and wherever else you posted this message, but...what concerns me is this statement. ( "I cant tell you more couse we dont know how the rules will be yet thats why we wanted you to tell us." ) Now with that statement it suggests that you have no base for rules and that you're open for suggestions, which in and of itself is fine, but there HAS to be a base or fundamental structure (rule's wise) already in place (otherwise it will be chaotic and probably change whenever the wind blows), whether you add on to it by other people's suggestions or not is irrelevant. Now if I misconstrued what you said here in this statement my apologies, but I honestly don't think I did.
    Last edited by deadalive1; 07-09-2008 at 09:56 AM.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Another HD site? I got the impression your site was going to focus mainly on Blue-ray image rips. Hasn't HD been thrown off the market in favor of Blue-ray?

I myself have no intention of downloading 36GB of data in order to watch 90 minutes of tawdry entertainment (See: Hollywood). Until, of course, I get rid of my cheap asymmetrical pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Now with that statement it suggests that you have no base for rules and that you're open for suggestions, which in and of itself is fine.
    How can you have no idea what rules should be enforced on your tracker? Every site says the same thing on their rules.php page. There's a start
    Last edited by Acumen; 07-09-2008 at 10:14 AM.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    i have the basic rules but i want to know others options before i decide mine. we got many things done but hdtransmission want your options to.

12:22 ~hdtransmission • n00b The default class of new members.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • User Been Member @ HD Transmission for 1 week.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Power User Can download DOX over 1MB and view NFO files.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Xtreme User Same as Power User but cooler.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Lover User Lover Same as Xtreme and the user is considered as more active.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Legend User Donated or been member more then 100 weeks.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • VIP Same privileges as Legend User and but have done something special @ HD Transmission.com .
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Uploader Same as Legend User except with upload rights and immune to automatic demotion.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Moderator Can edit and delete any uploaded torrents. Can also moderate user comments and disable accounts.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • Administrator Can do just about anything.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • SiteOp Almost same as SysOp.
    12:22 ~hdtransmission • SysOp HD Transmission's Owner

this is our classes for now
    Last edited by hdtransmission; 07-09-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Wish u luck... and again the basic community (Reg. uploaders, mods, etc) are the most important things of a tracker.

The Chase is Better than the Catch

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Sounds interesting .. but if you are going to allow non-scene releases then what kind of quality control measures you are going to implement? you can't let anybody who rips his/her own Blue Ray disks without ensuring the quality of their rips!! some may use a one-click programs to do the job which unlike what scene rules stipulate ..

anyway really I wish all the best with your new site

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    it doesnt matter how to rips it but it must be hd, blue ray thing, no rules with that

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtransmission View Post
    it doesnt matter how to rips it but it must be hd, blue ray thing, no rules with that
    It absolutely matters for quality assurance. Not every person knows how to rip. Again we come back to my previous statement about the rules (or lack there of). If there isn't a standard that needs to be upheld, and just anyone can upload (no matter what their experience level is), you will probably have your hands full with complaints about the quality of rips from your users, which will turn people off FAST to your site. If they can't rely on a certain level of quality (across the board for all uploaded files) then most likely they will stop downloading and your site will crumble fast.
    Last edited by deadalive1; 07-09-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast