Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: do i need a seedbox on this tracker?

wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    The main reason we talk so much about seedboxes here is we are a highly experienced lot and therefore have a much more concentrated view of torrenting, whereas in the overall torrenting world we are prob only a minuscule percentile of those that do torrent, so we do tend to talk about the elite ways of torrenting, and with that comes the view that seedboxes and high level trackers go hand in hand.

I doubt that view will ever change, as every day we get new members who have googled either torrents or seedboxes and found FST, and hence the two will always go hand in hand here.

But the more that view can be balanced out by posts such as what PB has just made, then that can only be for the better as he is right, he is always right, you don't need a seedbox, but it does make torrenting a much more pleasurable experience if you do have a seebdox, and it makes your uploads much easier to seed.

It's a personal thing, and one that can only be answered by what you want from your torrenting life, your average torrenter won't ever need a seedbox, but as one progresses more & more into an experienced torrenter and feel you can offer more & more to your site(s), then and only then should you consider getting a seedbox, and only then if you have the time & money needed to get the most out of your purchase, don't just get one because you have read everyone needs one, it's just not true
    I concur old chap

ta
    Last edited by wevotedno; 07-09-2008 at 08:36 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    There may be implied conditions to that question.

You don't need a seedbox to survive.
    But you need a seedbox to thrive.

Most people are concerned with thriving, and not merely surviving.

Picture an old man, with an unshaven beard, holding onto his cane, shaking, and grimly smiling as he finally lifted himself off of his weathered rocking chair, just so he may reach the unplugged refrigerator, in order to pour that week-old milk, smelling foul, into a bowl half-full of half-eaten cheerios. That is you without a seedbox.
    Last edited by Acumen; 07-09-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Humanity has in the course of time had to endure from the hands of science three great outrages upon its naive self-love: the discovery that our world is merely a speck in a vast universe, that we merely descended from lesser animals, and that our conscious minds sometimes lie to their very selves about our actions.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    There may be implied conditions to that question.

You don't need a seedbox to survive.
    But you need a seedbox to thrive.

Most people are concerned with thriving, and not merely surviving.

Picture an old man, with an unshaven beard, holding onto his cane, shaking, and grimly smiling as he finally lifted himself off of his weathered rocking chair, just so he may reach the unplugged refrigerator, in order to pour that week-old milk, smelling foul, into a bowl half-full of half-eaten cheerios. That is you without a seedbox.
    No, I never see myself like that old man.
    The album that I listen to sound the same as yours
    The movies that I watch look the the same as yours
    they don't smell foul
    Jet Lee and Chuck Norris still kick ass in their movies; not a day older do they look

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    How is it that it is easier to seed on sites where the speeds are faster, without a seedbox? I thought that peers in a swarm like to choose other peers that have high speeds, when sharing data. Isn't that how bittorrent works?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I'll dispell what a few are implying here too. Needing a seedbox on ScT and bitmetv is also a myth. My upload speed is 65kbs!!! and I have a 200gb buffer at bittv and a 325gb buffer at ScT. That not buying credit either. I don't particularly seed my arse except at Christmas time but it's all about getting the right packs. That's it. 21 jump street etc or a Denz Washington pack etc could supply enough gig credit you for a torrenting lifetime.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    this is a messge to all people who believe they gotta buy a seedbox to get on private trackers.

i read this over and over again. "if you want to join tracker x or tracker y you do need a seedbox. you can't survive there without one. you can only keep your ratio on high level trackers when you have a seedbox!"

let me clear one thing up for all newcomers and future private tracker members.

it's a myth. it's simply not true!

you can keep excellent ratios, have great buffers and have the easiest and most comfortable life on any tracker without a seedbox.

an average connection of 1mbit/s upload is enough to download more content than you will ever be able to consume in your whole life on every tracker.

especially on those "high level" trackers you absolutely don't need a seedbox, because exactly they are the easiest to keep a good ratio or don't even have one.

so please don't believe people who tell you, that you need a seedbox here or there. it's wrong. there's not a single tracker where a seedbox is mandatory for you to survive.

please don't get me wrong. if you want to rent one, go ahead. they are great and provide others with excellent speed.

i just wanted to let you know that you are absolutely fine without one - everywhere!
    Two things:

1. Yes, you basically do not need a seedbox at any tracker, because you will get enough information that you will ever need with a simple DSL connection. The key here is that we ALL (I suppose ) download more than we ever need/can consume. You probably would not even need Private Trackers if you only downloaded what you really needed.
    2. I like the strategy of using a seedbox and building a ratio buffer at that Prviate Tracker and then keep using it for a bit. I've used that strategy on numerous trackers and it has always worked fine for me.
    3. I have a seedbox and am using it at various trackers I have. And I am happy to pay that little money to make sure I can download at any of my trackers anytime I might feel like.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Generally there is no need for a seedbox. But I think that if you use prefer full DVD/HD and/or download over 5GBs a day, you need a seedbox (or a freeleech tracker).

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    GXice's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I've never used a seedbox, but then again I don't upload 5gb movies. I suppose it depends on your needs. I've never had trouble keeping a good ratio though.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    everything is bizness. to lure ppl
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think on overall a seedbox isnt needed. And even in the fastest trackers u jst have to be careful (not DL too much) then when u build a good buffer its so so much easier. It's pretty much a user-thing, not a seedbox thing. Ive seen users who were leechers even with a 16 mbit symetrical connection... grrrrrrr...
    If u are mad at a content / or tracker then u probably NEED a seedbox. If u for ex. wanna make a collection of TVs (on BitmeTV) u probably will need a seedbox but for own use u jst have to be careful to ur ratio thats it, and also find alternatives to DL from and UL to the difficult-to-seed sites.

The Chase is Better than the Catch

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast