Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thinking of starting tflux box

BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Hi guys n gurls.
    im thinking of starting a torrent flux server.
    something like this

5 gig of space 2 torrents $4 pm

10gig of space 2 torrents $6 pm

20gig of space 3 torrents $10 pm

30gig of space 5 torrents $14 pm

50gig of space 7 torrents $20 pm

100mbit full duplex

unlimited use per month including ftp

Do you people think these are fair prices?

fst i appoligise if i am breaking the rules in anyway,but nothing is set up yet.
    im just looking for feedback of what people think of the prices and hd size ect.
    Last edited by slayer2005; 07-10-2008 at 07:29 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    These ARE GREAT prices. Only similar thing price wise is escape hosting($3 1gb space) or $11 for 5gb space! I would like to be able to add more active torrents tho(for more $) IE 5gb space +3 active=$5 or something.

Also are you putting this on an unmeetered box? The only thing i would think is that it maybe better to put a traffic cap and use a metered box(leaseweb's 29 euro boxes maybe) and put 5-10 max or so users vs a unmeetered box with 50 people on it

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    get a gbit...that would be nicer
    i be lurking

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    isnt a gig server like $500 month?? then he would need like 100 users on the server !

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by haydeno View Post
    isnt a gig server like $500 month?? then he would need like 100 users on the server !
    Nah a gbit i can get for 200$ unlim.
    but im not gona purchase another gbit as i might not get that many customers.
    i think starting of on a 100mbit and having say max users 15 all depending on what offer they would take,as in how many active torrents.
    Im gona purchase another server for testing and run multiple dummy users to see how much it could handel over time.as i dont want the server overloading or crashing all the time.
    Last edited by slayer2005; 07-11-2008 at 02:40 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    well i can afford about $5 a month and only would need 5gb space and 5 active so i am pretty sure ill get one if u set it up.

Also if you gave a cheap price i wouldn't mind helping "test" the 2nd server
    Last edited by haydeno; 07-11-2008 at 02:58 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Waiting for the service is up...
    Last edited by OmaRin0; 07-15-2008 at 01:43 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    NICE!
    When do you start it?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Shouldn't put more than 10 people (even 10 is stretching it imo) on a 100mbit server... even if the prices are cheap. 15 people on 1 pipe wouldn't give very good speeds. At least I wouldn't be happy with it

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo81 View Post
    Shouldn't put more than 10 people (even 10 is stretching it imo) on a 100mbit server... even if the prices are cheap. 15 people on 1 pipe wouldn't give very good speeds. At least I wouldn't be happy with it
    Starting it next week.making basic web page,and will make a lil advert here on fst.
    I no what u mean about 15 users.but i firgured it this way.
    when u download if your using a good tracker ur gona burst to say 10mb or 2mb all depending how many people are using it or grabbing a new torrent at once.same with seeding a torrent.even with a seedbox you are only giving high speeds in the early stages,then the speed always drops of with the more leechers turning to seeders.So even if there are 15 people and there all seeding at once( your still gona get good speeds)
    Plus these boxes peek at 15mb.smtimes 19mb witch i found out before.
    Its all trial and error.When people have used it for a couple of weeks we,l get the feedback.And il look at the stats.if its to slow il either reduce people on 1 server or get gbit and then be able to add more users.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast