Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Mutant Chronicles

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just saw a torrent for this dvdr , sounds good . Was wondering why I had n't heard of it .

Quote :

Synopsis:
    The first time that I heard about this movie Mutant Chronicles movie and I am hyped. First, let me point you in the direction of the official Mutant Chronicles site, at mutantchroniclesthemovie.com. You'll find pretty much everything you need to know about this movie, and downloads.

Cast includes very good names: Ron Perlman, John Malkovitch and Benno Fürmann, all of which I like and respect for the roles they have played. The Mist's Thomas Jane is also part of the cast, as Major Mitch Hunter. This movie looks like its going to be different. Synopsis (adapted from the official site): When Earth's natural resources have been exhausted by mankind, battle rages between the soldiers of four leading Corporations: the Capitol, Bauhaus, Mishima and Imperial. Mitch Hunter and Nathan Rooker, Capitol soldiers, fight a desperate battle against a Bauhaus advance. When an errant shell destroys an ancient stone seal, they find themselves facing a new enemy: hideous necrmutants, with boneblades that grow from their arms. Mithc barely manages to escape. Nathan does not.

The mutants multiply by millions and they destroy all before them. The Corporations' leader, Constantine, is about to abandon the planet and leave countless innocents to their desperate fate, when he is approached by Brother Samuel, leader of the Brotherhood, and ancient monastic order

Samuel is keeper of the Chronicles, a book that prophesies both the rise of the Mutants, and the 'Deliverer' that will destroy them. Samuel believes he is that Deliverer destined to journey deep into the earth and destroy the source of the mutant scourge.

He manages to recruit Mitch, along with a handful of like-minded soldiers: Steiner, honor bound Bauhaus officer; sword wielding Severian; street fighter El Jesus; fearless beauty Duval; and stoic warrior Juba.

"Mutant Chronicle" follows Mitch and Samuel's mission to venture into the very heart of the darkness in an attempt to save the planet from marauding hordes of deathless mutants."

Link : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490181/

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Hoh. That's cool.

Never really got into the roleplaying game, but I did play the card game, doom trooper, some, and the minitures were cool too, as was the comic (Bisley covers ftw).

The story always fascinated me, with the megacorps colonizing the solar system and all that. It might make for a great splatter movie with the Dark Legion and all, too. Hordes of those zombie-things.

It doesn't seem to be about my favourite period in the timeline, though. It's too early.

EDit: Good find, I'm getting it now.

Even if it's crap in itself it's still something I want to see. For sentimental reasons if nothing else.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-11-2008 at 07:53 PM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @snee , hope its not one of those straight to DVD releases . Think it was panned at Cannes but I like Sci-fi anyway so thought I'd post about it .

Ron Perlman, John Malkovitch are two actors I enjoy as well .

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    It seems like Sin City out there, but it's fine and also like War Inc., not bad. The Movie is good cause it got many Famous Actors.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    The Movie is good cause it got many Famous Actors.
    Indeed.
    Famous Actors never make crap films- just ask Sean Connery.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Krvaric's Avatar Notorious Pirate BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    one to watch and that's not because of the famous actors
    Damn, I Thought They Meant He Was An Actual Pirate.
    Like with an eye patch and a peg leg.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Right, seen it. I'd not bother with it unless you're into the old franchise and have been waiting for something like it.

I recognised all the characters, which was cool, but the story sucks balls and the acting is really uninspired half the time. Oh, and they've changed stuff around, for the worse.

Still, thanks for letting me know about it, Pete.

I'm just hoping there's a better attempt at some point.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I watched this film because Ron Perlman's in it and i'm always buoyed by seeing a man who looks like a gorilla act so well.it's based on some kind of role-playing franchise, and frankly, i'm glad i didn't.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    ya i saw the dvdrip of this movie. i liked it

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    theDarer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Saw this i couple of weeks ago and I was surprised I finished watching it. Pure crap if u ask me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast