Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 21.43%
  • No

11 78.57%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for philosophy thread at Other serious discussion

maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

yep, for a ppl like us who were aging and seeking to gain or seeking enlightenment . can staff create a separate PHILOSOPHY thread at other serious discussion forum ? . Where we can sit and gain enlightenment.

Warn to Bilkenter: donotenter this thread. No spamming allowed
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 07-11-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: UPDATED
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

2. Lounge   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    too late, which philosopher are we talking about? Spinoza, Sartre, Leibniz a Thomas nage(his book was mortal questions but dont remember his last name quite) and so forth. I damn luv philosophy cant help it , also if you are interested in philosophers and so forth, i have a quite good s... name can refer it via pm if u are interested of course

edit: what is Donotenter? is it some kinda donat or smt?

edit 2: Lets seek enlightenment

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    philosophise away, dude

4. Lounge   -   #4
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post

edit: what is Donotenter? is it some kinda donat or smt?
    Donotenter = Do not enter

If u don't have colorblindness then u can see what Donotenter means

why it is moved to drawing room. I thought, it will become a headline thread in FST
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 07-11-2008 at 04:12 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I thought I was giving you what you want

A stickied thread in the serious discussion section to talk about philosophy.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    I thought I was giving you what you want

A stickied thread in the serious discussion section to talk about philosophy.
    u din't get what I said above. Never Mind I will initiate this programme of enlightenment . lets start some serious issue which have been neglected by this present living world leaders

@Barbarossa

your signature DISTRACTING ME from my philosophy
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 07-11-2008 at 04:48 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    O.K. Let's start on a light note.

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

Is the speed of dark the reverse speed of light?

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?
    Last edited by bigboab; 07-11-2008 at 04:58 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    O.K. Let's start on a light note.

If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?

Is the speed of dark the reverse speed of light?

Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?
    Have a great day mate. Only Einstein can answer to ur query

9. Lounge   -   #9
    The world is going to end at 2012 A.D

Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that five years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

Can we believe it ? Are we ready for it ? Is it true ?

1. Mayan Calendar
    The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:
    Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
    Sacrificing Virgins.
    Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms
    Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012..

3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...

If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano

6. The Physicists

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

For more info look @
    http://www.squidoo.com/year-2012
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 07-11-2008 at 05:18 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I voted no to having a sticky, but only because it has rapidly become apparent that people don't know what philosophy is.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast