Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If anyone knows brokenstones staff

Long John Silver
    Very good effort there Brandon as Sgt said they did say it wouldn't be back up..I get teh feeling that maybe staffers there had a difference of opinions and hence Vortex, which does look great for something not a week old.

AS to proxies..well I hope the US members did use them!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraUser View Post
    Come on, I find all of this hard to beleive...
    It isn't remotedly hard to find them, irc.vortexnetwork.org #vortexnetwork...

Anybody really wanting to contact the staff could do so almost instantly.
    It also works in reverse, and they are aware of the situation and if they really wanted to help, then they would step up to the plate, but it seems they prefer for it to die altogether, which is a shame.

Still, onwards & upwards, nothing ventured nothing gained, one can only try one's best.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    This is a shame..

BrokenStones was great from what I've heard.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Well, I did join irc after I noticed it was hosted on whatcd's network (which I have no issues with their staff) and spoke to one of the vortextracker staff but it still looks like this is going to be a wild goose chase.

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. I'm still shocked I was able to get FTN's server back, although my friend over there (malaysia) did pretty much say we broke no laws. Just the US trying to pull another piratebay by sending threats. Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe

I will say though, vortextracker looks to have a lot of potential, and staff seem very friendly. So at least us mac users aren't totally out in the cold.

I do miss BS though
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Well, if there's a positive to be drawn out of all of this, it's a bunch of happy staff at VortexTracker

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    . Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe
    a member says they have their old db back . so which is one is true ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    the old DB is back and the old accounts 6-7 weeks old

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Well, I did join irc after I noticed it was hosted on whatcd's network (which I have no issues with their staff) and spoke to one of the vortextracker staff but it still looks like this is going to be a wild goose chase.

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. I'm still shocked I was able to get FTN's server back, although my friend over there (malaysia) did pretty much say we broke no laws. Just the US trying to pull another piratebay by sending threats. Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe

I will say though, vortextracker looks to have a lot of potential, and staff seem very friendly. So at least us mac users aren't totally out in the cold.

I do miss BS though
    Brandon, I need some major help! My FTN login password is saying its a mismatch. I joined in April and have been faihfully waiting for things to get back to normal. Never used IRC chat but tried to figure out how to use it to try to get in contact with FTN support as my original invite email said to do so. Is this an isolated incident or....?? My user is same as this.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by jklatham3 View Post
    Brandon, I need some major help! My FTN login password is saying its a mismatch. I joined in April and have been faihfully waiting for things to get back to normal. Never used IRC chat but tried to figure out how to use it to try to get in contact with FTN support as my original invite email said to do so. Is this an isolated incident or....?? My user is same as this.
    I've left a note for him to let him know about your problem.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Regarding the topic at hand, I did speak to king and BS won't be coming back (he doesn't have the time), although he is going to wipe the server so at least one good outcome came out of this.
    Vortexnetwork will follow in brokenstones footsteps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.sharer View Post
    . Regardless I did wipe FTN's old server to be safe
    a member says they have their old db back . so which is one is true ?
    I moved the old DB (the one right b4 we got shut down) over from the old server to the new server, then wiped the old server. So both are true. So to put it in easy terms, we picked up right where we left off.

Quote Originally Posted by jklatham3 View Post
    Well, I can't pm you on here since you look to have PM's turned off. However your acct is still there and looks fine.
    Check your bellsouth email.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-17-2008 at 08:38 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234