Thread: what do i need to make my site

hi all sorry if this is the wrong place but thoght i would ask. i am after making a site i download nulls vBulletin v3.7.0 and it say i need php and mysql. but wanted to no is there a easy way of getting it to work e.g hosting and if so what is the best hosting site

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    can anyone help me plz

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    hi,u will need:
    1.domain or subdomain...
    2.hosting that support what u need
    thats depends if you are going to invest some money,or not...

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    What kinda site you want has a lot of importance here, if you want something like a blog, use html and css, maybe a little javascript for roll overs and for a few game on your site for entertainment. Maybe a little slide shows with your macromedia flash. But i am guessing you dont need them since you are looking for a board or smt like that right?

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You need hosting that offers php and mysql, to run vbulletin.
    The hosting will provide a mysql server address, login and password and you enter that info into your vBulletin config file (includes/config.php).
    Upload all of the vBulletin files to a folder of your choice on the ftp provided by the hosting company then browse to:
    http://yoursite.com/folderyouplacedvbin/install/install.php
    to install, then just follow what's on screen.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    What kinda site you want has a lot of importance here, if you want something like a blog, use html and css, maybe a little javascript for roll overs and for a few game on your site for entertainment. Maybe a little slide shows with your macromedia flash. But i am guessing you dont need them since you are looking for a board or smt like that right?
    What the hell was all that about?

Just do what tesco said... he makes this site what it is.

yo

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #7
    hi all thanks for replying

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #8
    think_harry
    Nelly, please let us know once you comeup with your website

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #9
    May be head? you'll need

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #10
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    WTF?? if you don't know what you talk about, then don't express an opinion. If nelly is willing to try he can install XAMP at his PC and test the website there without the need for a host.

Quote Originally Posted by Am0MuK View Post
    May be head? you'll need

Quote Originally Posted by kumar123 View Post
    Hi
    You need Domain first and then any Designing company and at last service provider.

Thanks
    service provider, know as webhosting. careful with the different shared and dedicated machines, study the traffic generated by your site, etc.