Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which usenet provider?

limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hopefully they'll reach 240days by the end of the year, although it doesn't seem likely at this rate. maybe 200days is a more realistic expectation and even that would be amazing at $13 per month.

2. Newsgroups   -   #32
    I really recommend Astraweb. Not only their prices are very hard to beat, but the service itself is AWESOME.

I purchased the Kleverig special promotion which gives me 11$/month for unlimited transfer and 20 connections LIFETIME. For me, such a low price for the service is unbeatable. With this package, I reach MAX speed on everything, every hours of the day/night (1.1mb/s)

The special promotion is still up, though you need to be a member at kleverig

3. Newsgroups   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonyx View Post
    I really recommend Astraweb. Not only their prices are very hard to beat, but the service itself is AWESOME.

I purchased the Kleverig special promotion which gives me 11$/month for unlimited transfer and 20 connections LIFETIME. For me, such a low price for the service is unbeatable. With this package, I reach MAX speed on everything, every hours of the day/night (1.1mb/s)

I don't think you need to be a member. Just click here http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html

4. Newsgroups   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonyx View Post

I don't think you need to be a member. Just click here http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html
    Absolutely, but you need to be a member at kleverig in order to see that link I think

5. Newsgroups   -   #35
    Poster
    no need to be a member - I signed up earlier this week using that link, and I don't even know what a 'kleverig' is

6. Newsgroups   -   #36
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    That Astraweb deal looks good, but I have been using Easynews for over 7 years now and I would have a hard decision to make if I wanted to change.

They were the first to add a web interface that makes it possible to download files directly rather than using a newsreader that combines messages. They also offer the ability to run parity checks on the server and can even unrar large files before downloading. Easynews has saved me a lot of time and work over the past 7 years.

It isn't even necessary to use NZB files there. I just search for PAR files and select the AutoPAR function. Easynews automatically checks to see if the files exist on the server and run a parity check on them. Then I click a button and all of the files are stored in a queue where I can download them with the Firefox DownThemAll extension or as a zip archive.

Easynews is not an unlimited service, but for $15 you get 30GB and retention is growing every day where it should reach 200 days by September 16. It is up to 162 days now. You can earn additional gigs every month by participating on the site.

Those gigs roll over if you do not use them, and they add an additional 2GB/mo for every year you have been subscribed. For me, that means I currently get 44GB/mo. And you can bank up to 750GB. Since I have been using BitTorrent a lot more the past 3 years, I have over 500GB banked already. That was mostly from the $10/mo classic service.

7. Newsgroups   -   #37
    I will have to agree with you not2fast, Easynews is indeed awesome. I have used them in the past (friend's account) and their web interface is just awesome, and so is the speed.

However, its very hard to beat Astraweb's special promo, that is the reason why I signed up with them in the first place. And god knows how much of a good decision that is!

8. Newsgroups   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that EasyNews has no limit on number of connections. Using a multi-threaded download, I have have never had any problem saturating my home 4MB connection.

When I download at work, I have to throttle the connection so it doesn't show a huge spike in bandwidth usage. The only real limit I have found is the write speed of the hard drive. The slow drive I have at work can't handle much over 2MB/sec.

9. Newsgroups   -   #39
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    I just signed up for the $11 unlimited deal from Astraweb coming over from Newdemon...Astraweb always maxes out my 20MB connection(soon to be 30!)....20 free SSL connections and rentention is great!...for the price, rentention, and free SSl Astraweb cannot be beat for the price

10. Newsgroups   -   #40
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Yeah the Astraweb deal sounds awesome but is too hard of a decision to make the switch form Easynews. Especially when I have 415 gigs banked right now and all the features easynews offers. I have been with Easynews for over 5 years.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast