Thread: need some help on tcp/ip problem

dr jones's Avatar the doctor BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45

Laugh

i dont if this is the right section to post this but here i go

i heard that to increase your speed in bitorrent,you have to open your tcp/ip limits with a patch called EvID4226Patch223d,does this patch even work ?? if it does work,what number should i set it to,i heard about 255,if iam wrong,please tell me,and if you are using the patch,tell me what number you change it to,beside the EvID4226Patch223d,are there any other tools like it that can do the job as well,if i want to return every thing back to normal,what should i do ??

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiechan View Post

i heard that to increase your speed in bitorrent,you have to open your tcp/ip limits with a patch called EvID4226Patch223d,does this patch even work ?? if it does work,what number should i set it to,i heard about 255,if iam wrong,please tell me,and if you are using the patch,tell me what number you change it to,beside the EvID4226Patch223d,are there any other tools like it that can do the job as well,if i want to return every thing back to normal,what should i do ??
    It's all rubbish. Though u might feel increase in speed hardly. But it will make your PC more vulnerable to intruders. However there is a way to increase you bandwidth. As few of you know Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for its own purposes like updates and interrogating your machine blah blah blah. Here’s how to get it back:

Click Start–>Run–>type “gpedit.msc” without the “
    This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy–>Computer Configuration–>Administrative Templates–>Network–>QOS Packet Scheduler–>Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the ‘Explain’ tab :
    “By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.”
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick_andy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeiechan View Post

It's all rubbish. Though u might feel increase in speed hardly. But it will make your PC more vulnerable to intruders. However there is a way to increase you bandwidth. As few of you know Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for its own purposes like updates and interrogating your machine blah blah blah. Here’s how to get it back:

Click Start–>Run–>type “gpedit.msc” without the “
    This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy–>Computer Configuration–>Administrative Templates–>Network–>QOS Packet Scheduler–>Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the ‘Explain’ tab :
    “By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.”
    Or just disable the QOS Packet Scheduler.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @lynx , by disabling QOS Packet Scheduler it just reverts to default which is 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection.