Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Making movie packs

deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Video stores usually get the DVD Screeners about 1 1/2 to 2 months (sometimes longer but in general) before the actual DVD is to be released in order to preview it and then try to figure out how popular it may be at their store (this also varies from store to store) and order the appropriate amount (for the actual DVD release) for their store.

If you have a friend who works for one, you may be able to convince him to let you borrow some of these and in turn rip it with X software and upload it to Y (or you may be able to get with a scene group who are looking for this sort of thing).
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Video stores usually get the DVD Screeners about 1 1/2 to 2 months (sometimes longer but in general) before the actual DVD is to be released in order to preview it and then try to figure out how popular it may be at their store (this also varies from store to store) and order the appropriate amount (for the actual DVD release) for their store.

If you have a friend who works for one, you may be able to convince him to let you borrow some of these and in turn rip it with X software and upload it to Y (or you may be able to get with a scene group who are looking for this sort of thing).
    This may be true for blockbuster or something, although I dont think so. But I know its not true for my local shop.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Also i wonder, what are the general type of the file that is desirable? Dvd or Dvd Rip?

Sorry guyz i am probably becoming a bother here, but i really like to learn those things if you could help me though

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Likes of the larger stores do get some screeners but the chances of getting one ripping and uploading it to a server b4 a scene release is unlikely unless you have a powerful pc the fastest tools and a fast internet connection if you can get these you will be able to compete with a few peeps that rip just for torrent sites who are not scene members but produce good results
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Oh dont worry about pc, i will most likely get the best on the market next year, Btw, Well, i am collecting movies of Steve Carell right now like anchorman of ron ... or melinda and melinda. But the problem is, Will Ferrell is an actor on this movie calle anchorman, so would this movie fall under will ferrell pack or steve carell pack? :S kinda confused. Or shall i decide it after i watch the movie?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    Also i wonder, what are the general type of the file that is desirable? Dvd or Dvd Rip?

Sorry guyz i am probably becoming a bother here, but i really like to learn those things if you could help me though

It depends. I personally prefer DVD Rips because I'd rather watch movies on my computer, instead of having to go out, buy DVD's, burn DVD's, and then watch it on my TV. Plus, I don't really care too much about extras. If there is a DVD with extras that I actually want, I just download the complete DVD of it, then convert it to XVID myself. Not only that, but DVD Rips are a much smaller file size than DVD-R's.

But, there are those who care about extras and want to have them on a physical media to play on their TV's.

Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    Oh dont worry about pc, i will most likely get the best on the market next year, Btw, Well, i am collecting movies of Steve Carell right now like anchorman of ron ... or melinda and melinda. But the problem is, Will Ferrell is an actor on this movie calle anchorman, so would this movie fall under will ferrell pack or steve carell pack? :S kinda confused. Or shall i decide it after i watch the movie?
    I'd probably go with whoever had the more leading role.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    But seems like the same pmed you the link since it might be forbidden to share here i.... links... Let me know your opinion pls Also what is the difference between dvdrip and Xvid? I know i can find it on search engines but since we are onto topic i thought it might be much more appreciated

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    xvid can be a cam, screener ts dvd rip etc etc
    As for the film it could go in both packs really it is totally up to the person making them
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Thanks appreciated

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    bilkenter Nices thread am makeing a New Pack it's 1 epic pack too exclusive to say
    to public!! lol

bilkenter when i do my packs, i try to keep it all in dvd rip's final release, if i can't then i go for
    DVDscr rip's..

bilkenter check that link it might give you much more better understanding of all types
    http://tamnn.wordpress.com/2008/04/0...xvid-telesync/
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 07-15-2008 at 02:06 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast