Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does demonoid actually work?

crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I know it's not a live tracker, but it says stats will update once a day. Anyway I have been a member there for a while and it still says I have up/downloaded nothing. Is this because I use my seedbox to run the torrents, because obviously there is no passkey to asociate my seedbox IP with my demonoid account.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Demonoid has a problem with stats not updating due to dynamic IP addresses, I think.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by crumble6 View Post
    I know it's not a live tracker, but it says stats will update once a day. Anyway I have been a member there for a while and it still says I have up/downloaded nothing. Is this because I use my seedbox to run the torrents, because obviously there is no passkey to asociate my seedbox IP with my demonoid account.
    You have to make sure you are not logged into demonoid anywhere before using a torrent on your seedbox, then it will and can associate you with a "current session" on the tracker and log your account with that IP when you start to leech & seed on your seedbox, it only logs one IP so if you remain logged in on your PC, then stay logged in then move the torrent to the seedbox, only your torrents on your PC will be recorded and your seedbox ignored.

No need for seedbox on demonoid though, you will never ever get kicked for any ratio problems.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Demonoid isn't too strict with ratios...

Still,that doesn't give you a excuse not to seed. That's one reason why many don't use Public Trackers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    yakz091's Avatar The Encapsulator BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    give it some time i had these problem but later on it was resolved.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I have a bunch of torrents that just can't dl.:'connection closed by peers'
    And my stat. has not change for a month.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    With the forums coming back online it seems that demonoid is looking more and more like its old self

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    simple . it doesnt

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Ali-g's Avatar Joker BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Well since ratio isnt really a req. than its up to u if u wanna seed/leech, stats jst will get u a better feeling of urself, they are not req. Jst do ur best, and try to help ppl by seeding and who cares if stats are not updated : )

The Chase is Better than the Catch

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah that's very true. Speeds there are pretty poor as well, so when using a seedbox you have a ratio of about 5 by the time the download completes. Like SgtMajor says, theres no need for it really, but it means I don't have to leave my PC running.

Thanks for clearing it up anyway guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast