Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: have your invitees disabled?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    we all know that on most sites you're responsible your the people that you invite. you can get warned, lose your invites or even your account if they misbehave. some sites even disable whole invite trees when one user is a really bad apple.

wouldn't it be logical that you have the right to have them disabled as well?

if you have a cause for suspicion, if you find the user trading or if you don't trust him anymore for any other reason, you should be able to contact staff and have him kicked. if staff refuse to do this, they can't expect you to be responsible for any future actions of the invitee.

is that an option? what do you think?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I thought thats what happened anyway lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00b
    some sites do allow this. at the very least, they will put the person you are reporting on a watchlist. But if you realize that most sites' invite rules tell you to only invite trustworthy people, I'd say that most of the time your scenario comes up, the invite was given carelessly to a person you didn't really know all that well.

additionally, doing as you suggested is often done when trades have gone bad, and the person reporting the invitee is just pissed off because he gave an invite and didn't get what he was promised for it, and is now out to get even.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I'm sure if you report them early on, staff wouldn't penalize you for the bad invite. But if it starts to become a pattern of you inviting bad people, then I'm sure you'll get invites disabled, or account disabled.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    nemrac's Avatar Getting my feet wet BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Great idea Polarbear. I agree to a point. I think an inviter has the right to request an invitee be disabled if he suspects foul play, but i don't think the inviter should be absolved from future resonsibility. They were initially responsible for the invitee. I think there should be some leanionsy if you point something out before any damage is done, but washing your hands on the matter is unreallistic.

Nemrac

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    I think that is a good idea. But I believe the typical response from most owners/staff at trackers would be "well you invited this person to begin with" or they'll point you (not you but people in general) to the rules, where on most trackers, says you are responsible for any person you invite (basically, no matter what).

But I agree it should be more inviter friendly, as in the scenario you provided, if someone catches a person they invited doing something stupid (insert ratio cheating, trading acc. etc.) then they should be able to inform staff and have them banned, and at the VERY least be able to wash their hands of the responsibility of that "certain" person once staff is informed (regardless of what action is taken and/or not taken).
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    /me reports PB for inciting riots at FST

I've done that publicly here, just ask t*******! Let me down big time he did, so he paid the consequences.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    we all know that on most sites you're responsible your the people that you invite. you can get warned, lose your invites or even your account if they misbehave. some sites even disable whole invite trees when one user is a really bad apple.

wouldn't it be logical that you have the right to have them disabled as well?

if you have a cause for suspicion, if you find the user trading or if you don't trust him anymore for any other reason, you should be able to contact staff and have him kicked. if staff refuse to do this, they can't expect you to be responsible for any future actions of the invitee.

is that an option? what do you think?
    if i ran a tracker and some user came and asked me to do such a thing, i'd also disable you. that means u were irresponsible when giving away your invites, showing u gave them to people you don't know, thus breaking site rules. I would held u responsible too for their deeds. period.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The only problem I could think of is "cool" people who give out invites, wait until you are PU/VIP/Etc. before sending you an email demanding that you pay x amount of money or you lose your account.

On the other hand, if you invited someone, and you can see that they have a shitty ratio or whatnot, they should be autobanned soon enough anyway.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Not particularly.

Ive known best friends to be right idiots when it comes to torrenting.

Just because you know your invitee, explicitely, does not mean they are going to be a good member of a tracker that you invite them to. It just means you can kick their teeth in when they get you disabled lol

in all honesty, i wouldnt invite anyone to any tracker, if the rules are that harsh, keep myself to myself, and sod my best mate whos pestering me for an invite (most of my mates have not even heard of bittorrent, never mind are members of private trackers).

So to me, whoever you invite, from anywhere, your taking a huge risk with your own account.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast