Thread: Tablet PC winXP downgrading?

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I have a lenovo x61 tablet PC, specs as follow:

T7700 core2 1.8ghz
    1.5GB ram
    120HD

I don't mind vista so much because I'm only using this tablet for school purposes so gaming performance on vista isn't a huge issue for me. However, the reason I want to downgrade to XP 2005 tablet PC edition is because even after a clean reformat, after all the security and tablet function bloatware are installed I have 102 processes running. Fucking 102 processes after a clean reinstall, that's just pure fucking bullshit because you can't completely remove them either.

So now I want to downgrade to XP 2005 tablet PC edition, I just really dont' know how to go about it, since when I went on the thinkpad website all their tablet PC function drivers are for vista only? And also, the tablet did not come with a recovery CD, but rather they made a hidden recovery partition that's 6GB or so, so how should I go about reformatting without messing up my recovery options?

Thanks
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    I have a lenovo x61 tablet PC, specs as follow:

T7700 core2 1.8ghz
    1.5GB ram
    120HD

I don't mind vista so much because I'm only using this tablet for school purposes so gaming performance on vista isn't a huge issue for me. However, the reason I want to downgrade to XP 2005 tablet PC edition is because even after a clean reformat, after all the security and tablet function bloatware are installed I have 102 processes running. Fucking 102 processes after a clean reinstall, that's just pure fucking bullshit because you can't completely remove them either.

So now I want to downgrade to XP 2005 tablet PC edition, I just really dont' know how to go about it, since when I went on the thinkpad website all their tablet PC function drivers are for vista only? And also, the tablet did not come with a recovery CD, but rather they made a hidden recovery partition that's 6GB or so, so how should I go about reformatting without messing up my recovery options?

Thanks
    If the recovery is on a seperate NTFS/Fat32 partition it should be fine to reformat the drive. It won't affect a seperate logical partition.

Since I don't know much about tablet software, I don't think I'm much help with the drivers. The best I can suggest is to google the specific hardware models and see if the manufacturer made XP drivers for it.

Edit: Best bet is to back up your recovery on DVD. Just to be safe, you never know what kind of shit can happen.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Just a quick glance Seedler but think all the XP drivers are here :

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-68009

I'd keep the Recovery Partition just encase .... sure seems large @ 6 gb tho . That's a lot of software you'll probably loading at start up , hence the 102 processes .