Thread: Trouble with the interweb in China

Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    I'm vacationing in China, problem is I can't get on a lot of sites here in China, due to the Great Firewall of China or whatever it's called, where violent/sexually explicit websites are blocked across the nation.

Thing is, I can't even get on Facebook, Myspace, and youtube doesn't even work properly, and a lot of other people seem to be having the same problem.

So is there any way to get across this problem? I just want to get on Facebook
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler View Post
    I'm vacationing in China, problem is I can't get on a lot of sites here in China, due to the Great Firewall of China or whatever it's called, where violent/sexually explicit websites are blocked across the nation.

Thing is, I can't even get on Facebook, Myspace, and youtube doesn't even work properly, and a lot of other people seem to be having the same problem.

So is there any way to get across this problem? I just want to get on Facebook
    The only way is via a proxy. As long as you can connect to the proxy, the proxy can connect and send everything back to you. The only problem is most proxy's are slow.

If you're desperate, use Tor. Google it. If you have money, buy a VPN and use that.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Why pay for a VPN when you can set one up for free on linux. If you don't know linux you can setup a ssh tunnel for web traffic via putty. If you can't do any of the above try http://www.clanfiles.info/ hopefully it's not blocked in cn........................