Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you're a member of X number of trackers you're definitely a collector...

LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I have more than 5 trackers,I wouldn't call myself a collector tho.
    like SgtMajor said I do pop and out to see what they have.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Some people also like to be staff on sites just for the name and power
    So I suppose I have a better chance of driving the car than a position with you then!

Luv a duck
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    I'm on most if not all of the "major" trackers purely because I feel I should be.

Intersite relationships, and general appearance and presence in the torrent scene.

I actually use ScT because it's hellish fast and huge, can't say I download from any of the others though.

wheelmods, the rabbit, ftn, fsc, scc, sct, tby, its, ptn, rev, what, waffles and vortex are currently on my bookmarks toolbar (in that order). I check them daily.

Am I a collector? No.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    I believe a collector is someone who gets into a site to obtain a certain elite status/e-penis and not for the utility(be it content/community).

/Fixed.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 07-15-2008 at 06:21 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Staff is an exception.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Exactly agreed soulreaper, i really dont get it, if you are member of ftn, what is the point of getting into fsc its bla bla? It is greed nothing more. If it is community which is an excuse to get into trackers, then fst is damn awesome community

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squizzle View Post
    wheelmods, the rabbit, ftn, fsc, scc, sct, tby, its, ptn, rev, what, waffles and vortex are currently on my bookmarks toolbar (in that order). I check them daily.

Am I a collector? No.
    LOL. wheelmods,the rabbit,ftn,fsc,scc,sct,its,ptn are all general trackers with pretty much the same content.
    You can easily rubbish my claim by saying you're part of them coz of "community".
    I don't believe one needs to be a member of umpteen trackers to be involved with a community. That's pure baloni.

In conlusion and imho you're a collector!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    Exactly agreed soulreaper, i really dont get it, if you are member of ftn, what is the point of getting into fsc its bla bla? It is greed nothing more. If it is community which is an excuse to get into trackers, then fst is damn awesome community

I take it you both missed the Intersite Relationships bit!

I can understand the newbs position as he hasn't been here long enough to figure out who belongs where, but I am surprised at soulreaper's response, I thought you would have known better seeing you have been here a while.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    oh wow, now you claim a staff, who is member of other trackers to maintain intersite relationship with them, to be a collector.

what more are u guys upto?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Well even if they are bro sites, fsc ftn or any other site, i wouldnt probably join actually because the more tracker you get into, the less other people have chance to get into them. Most people dont care about this honestly, then we are talking about filesharing. It is a funny figure honestly. Moreover i dont believe he can be active in ftn fsc its and others he or she named here. Even i cannot be that active, it is a fact. Also you probably luv some more than others, i honestly luv tl irc more than other ircs mostly i am there, but if being active is taken to seed or leech only, i am active everywhere. However this is not the case i am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    It can be any number you want it to be.

A lot of people like to pop into trackers to see what they have, to see how they feel, and if they could hold any interest to you, either by content or if your friend(s) is/are there.

Collector is a term thrown around too loosely these days, even I have used it (ouch!!), but so what, if you belong to every tracker out there it is of no concern to anyone but you. We are a nosey lot by nature any way

"You are a collector", "I want it for the community", terms thrown around too easily, if someone wants to look into a tracker just out of curiosity, then let them, they will stay or go, if they stay - great for the tracker & the inviter, if they go then it frees up a space for someone else.

Just leave people to make their own minds up eh?
    This was the part i was talking about earlier, people dont know what it is, people are chasing after it without knowing anything about them. At least let them join for a while, not everybody would luv to stay cuz they are level 9 or level 22. It is just curiosity, when i am done with it, i wouldnt probably bother since i have my own precious sites.

Edit: I am also sure there are guyz like me who are just curious nothing more. Moreover, i also think that those on the higher sites have much more responsibility than those in the lower sites, they must be the ones telling young ones that level doesnt matter much, you can be satisfied with scc tr revtt waffles and tl. For me, it was last night, i informed someone of trading invites anyway he was looking to trade because he wanted to join fsc ftn its and so forth, now after a little talk he is satisfied with what he has now
    Last edited by bilkenter; 07-15-2008 at 05:06 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    Some people also like to be staff on sites just for the name and power
    So I suppose I have a better chance of driving the car than a position with you then!

Luv a duck
    We aint the forces m8 so no Sgt major required
    But I seen to many peeps get staff positions then they alter and think they are special even tho still (as the saying goes) green behind the ears.
    I have also seen some take to staffing like a duck to water
    Having said that different people think diff qualities make a good staff member that others will
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast