Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realtek Rtl8139 Family Pci Fast Ethernet Nic

Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+18 August 2003 - 10:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 18 August 2003 - 10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Amarjit@18 August 2003 - 10:45
    I updated my Realtek drivers from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com. despite the fact that I don&#39;t use my LAN .
    i only use my lan to transfer from one partition of my hdd to another

it&#39;s faster than just copy/pasting files and uses less resources [/b][/quote]
    speaking of transfers we have a whole group of 4 guys 1.downloads movies 2dl&#39;s games(i.e. me ),3.appz,4.mp3&#39;s

after all is downloaded we transfer files through messenger(yahoo or msn)[messengers wery useful for lan transfers we get the speed of 10mbps while transferring a lan to lan file]now dont ask how

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by Amarjit@18 August 2003 - 10:45
    I updated my Realtek drivers from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com. despite the fact that I don&#39;t use my LAN .
    there r no driver updates for me

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by vegeta@18 August 2003 - 10:55
    speaking of transfers we have a whole group of 4 guys 1.downloads movies 2dl&#39;s games(i.e. me ),3.appz,4.mp3&#39;s

after all is downloaded we transfer files through messenger(yahoo or msn)[messengers wery useful for lan transfers we get the speed of 10mbps while transferring a lan to lan file]now dont ask how
    you should possibly look into using an ftp server to transfer files. this should be faster than chat clients...

here are two pics of me trasnferring from my c drive to i drive

1 and 2

look at the speed in the first shot, it&#39;s a lot quicker than the windows default transfers
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    You&#39;re online&#33;
    What the hell do you need the drivers for? Your realtek 8139 is obviously working.
    Maybe your real problem is what the virus has done to your system, not your realtek drivers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+18 August 2003 - 11:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 18 August 2003 - 11:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vegeta@18 August 2003 - 10:55

you should possibly look into using an ftp server to transfer files. this should be faster than chat clients...

here are two pics of me trasnferring from my c drive to i drive

1 and 2

look at the speed in the first shot, it&#39;s a lot quicker than the windows default transfers [/b][/quote]
    i agree to u but i cant host ftp when i do i can connect to me but no one else can because of some error.i used bulletproof ftp and serv-u too but the isp has disabled it and when i ask that dumb ass he replys that he doen not know the problem

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by balamm@18 August 2003 - 11:12
    You&#39;re online&#33;
    What the hell do you need the drivers for? Your realtek 8139 is obviously working.
    Maybe your real problem is what the virus has done to your system, not your realtek drivers.
    no there isint.i&#39;ll tell u first when i when upgraded winxp from 98 then i could browse the network and then & when i bought a new pc and i directly installed win xp @ this time i cant browse the network .and i am geting some more problems like i cant open any sites after a couple of mins i have to restart to do that(no its not my net problem i asked my eng. he told that the drivers r not updated)
    this is a quote of mine

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Simple go to the RealTek Site duh or go straight to download the drivers for RTL8139: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downlo...6&Software=True

B) Always go to the hardware manufacturer.... always the latest drivers, etc.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12