Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: uTorrent Encryption Doesn't Really Work?

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post
    Never really understood what DHT is all about...How do I switch it off?
    DHT allows the client you use to find peers outside the tracker you are at. You are sending data and info to only God knows who.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Jeesh, and you are already chasing FTN, and yet you can't even secure your own, and the site's you are on, data.

It is going to be a long & bumpy ride to enlightenment

You should try reading some of the tut's we have here, some are int he seedbox sub-forum, you will be all the better for it and will at least understand why settings are important in utorrent on private sites.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    DHT allows the client you use to find peers outside the tracker you are at. You are sending data and info to only God knows who.
    Glad I have turned it off then!!! It's just on by default when I installed uTorrent and not know what it was I just didn't want to mess with it. Will it help speed up my torrents any now Im not sending out shit

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post

Glad I have turned it off then!!! It's just on by default when I installed uTorrent and not know what it was I just didn't want to mess with it. Will it help speed up my torrents any now Im not sending out shit
    At least your trackers will count everything you really upload.
    I donīt think it will increase your speed in a notorious way, though.
    Itīs normal that speeds decrease after some hours... more seeders and less leechers, if you have not a fast line youīll be in disadvantage in relation with users with seedboxes or faster lines.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    if u have problems with traffic shaping, I'd strongly suggest switching to azureus, as their encryption is not throttled by most ISP s.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Jeesh, and you are already chasing FTN, and yet you can't even secure your own, and the site's you are on, data.

lol, I really do enjoy your analogy of certain users and situations. Thanks for making me laugh today rofl
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    if u have problems with traffic shaping, I'd strongly suggest switching to azureus, as their encryption is not throttled by most ISP s.
    Is that really true ?

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post

lol, I really do enjoy your analogy of certain users and situations. Thanks for making me laugh today rofl
    What is funny about a decent guy looking for a little community spirit getting cyber bullied?

lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

What is funny about a decent guy looking for a little community spirit getting cyber bullied?

Thatīs the tax n00bs have to pay here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Because you are here a whole what, 10 posts? and all over F*N threads basically begging for an invite, yet didn't know what DHT was or at least it's function. I would take the suggestion from SgtMajor and read up on how the torrent world and their clients work, if anything the knowledge you gain will lead you where you want to be in the future.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12