Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: most user classes are outdated and lame

LoKaLiRi's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    the bigger tracker - have a lot of members - have the same user classes , user , PU , etc ...

but the rarest trackers , they have special classes

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Promotion should always be dependant on equal download as well as upload for that class, you can upload more of course, but if the amount is 500GB for promotion, then it has to be 500GB downed as well.

The highest promotion should be available only after 1 year membership, with proper benefits even if it's just upload rights.

And any tracker that requires a ratio of 2 or more needs their head checking, I saw one this week that required a ratio of 4+ for a certain high class promotion - that is just plain crazy, that means you have to steal mega BW from those less fortunate to be able to seed well in order just to get a promotion, not the best way to run a tracker for ALL its members.

As for levelling the field between seedbox users & non-seedbox users, I'll have to think about that, maybe bronze, silver & gold members for seeding habits, and stars for forum habits?
    Not a bad idea and may help git rid of some of the totally free leech sites as would be no down load stats recorded against the member
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Long John Silver
    For low badnwidth users seeding [u]time[/] is as good a measure of commitment as seeding amount esp on torrents with few peers..

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    promotion time would be nice to increase but the amount of upload should stay the same

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    zedex's Avatar Borat Brother BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    IMO I like TL in that it has no other class than PU. Over 1.0 and that's that. And you get all those "privileges" in one package.

-Sherman

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    I quite like the ScT user classes, there's a fair bit of a challenge in there to hit them all, of course with a seedbox, steely determination & dedication to the cause they are still achievable, I'm on course for "ScT lover"

Power User Must have been be a member for at least 3 weeks, have uploaded at least 50GB and have a ratio at or above 1.05.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 0.95 at any time.

Xtreme User Must have been be a member for at least 5 weeks, have uploaded at least 250GB and have a ratio at or above 1.2.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 1.1 at any time.

ScT Lover Must have been be a member for at least 10 weeks, have uploaded at least 500GB and have a ratio at or above 1.5.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 1.4 at any time.

ScT Whore Must have been be a member for at least 15 weeks, have uploaded at least 1TB and have a ratio at or above 2.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 1.9 at any time.

ScT Super Whore Must have been be a member for at least 20 weeks, have uploaded at least 3TB and have a ratio at or above 3.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 2.9 at any time.

ScT Seed Whore Must have been be a member for at least 25 weeks, have uploaded at least 6TB and have a ratio at or above 4.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 3.9 at any time.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    c0njur's Avatar ? BT Rep: +1
    I'm going to go in a different direction from most of your comments and say I think a high ratio/upload amount should be encouraged, as it increases the download speed of the site. An ideal system would vary the minimum required ratio in accordance with the seed-to-leech ratio as well as overall amount uploaded.

ex. The more users that have TBs of upload and high ratios the lower the min required ratio for other users.

That way, those with seedboxes can buffer to their hearts content, which will help the site, and those with slow connection wont feel sqeezed out if they cant upload enough.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post
    I quite like the ScT user classes, there's a fair bit of a challenge in there to hit them all, of course with a seedbox, steely determination & dedication to the cause they are still achievable, I'm on course for "ScT lover"

ScT Whore Must have been be a member for at least 15 weeks, have uploaded at least 1TB and have a ratio at or above 2.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 1.9 at any time.

ScT Super Whore Must have been be a member for at least 20 weeks, have uploaded at least 3TB and have a ratio at or above 3.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 2.9 at any time.

ScT Seed Whore Must have been be a member for at least 25 weeks, have uploaded at least 6TB and have a ratio at or above 4.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 3.9 at any time.
    It also states this
    "Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 1:1, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio"

How many of the people higher classes do you think are adhering to that suggestion?
    Because it's pretty impossible to stop at 1:1 of the requirements state you need 3:1 or 4:1
    It also ensures people with the very best connections always going to monopolize the torrents.
    If ScT is going to keep the upload requirements maybe they should think about making the ratio only 1.05 for all classes.
    And I don't accept the argument that it's necessary for speed because I max out my download more on TL than ScT.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbusters View Post

It also states this
    "Give others a chance to seed. If your ratio on a single torrent is already above 1:1, you should give others the chance to seed too. Overseeding will only make it hard or even impossible for others to keep a good ratio"

How many of the people higher classes do you think are adhering to that suggestion?
    Because it's pretty impossible to stop at 1:1 of the requirements state you need 3:1 or 4:1
    It also ensures people with the very best connections always going to monopolize the torrents.
    If ScT is going to keep the upload requirements maybe they should think about making the ratio only 1.05 for all classes.
    And I don't accept the argument that it's necessary for speed because I max out my download more on TL than ScT.
    I would agree that the ratio's required should be lowered especially on sites that have a high seeder to leecher ratio to give everyone a chance but even when I just had a shitty 50kbps upload I always kept my ratio around 3 or 4 anyway, but hey thats just me.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    this is 1 thing that we have been scratching our heads over for a long time.

1 problem is, E-Penis, if e make someone on a 30KBs upload thats got a 1:1 ratio on the site, the same as someone thats got 3+ ratio with 1TB uploaded, would the one with the buffer still seed with his seedbox for no extra benefit.

What we are finding on BCG, is no one wants to leech, for fear of getting put down a class or 2, because SP can only bring you up to a 1 ratio after all.

so its catch 22, we want a fast site with fast downloads, even on torrents that are 200+ days old, but we also want members to download as well. and not just those on slow connections downloading either.

we will come up with something or other eventually, but we have other things planned, that are not related to this which are taking priority.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast