Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: petition to reopen hdbits invites

Squizzle's Avatar (""\(O.o)/"")
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    representing all the users who legitimately want to be part of this top notch community!
    Congratulations, you just made it onto their "users we don't want in here" list.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    c0njur's Avatar ? BT Rep: +1
    It is disappointing to those who want to get in, but I can see why a site would be frustrated with invites being sold/traded.

Whats needed is some sort of global bittorrent ID system that will allow site admins to view your credentials, there by verifying your ID as a quality user and a non -trader/seller. Other trusted members could "vouch" for a given user and a record could be kept of activities on other sites. Those who engage in illicit activity would be labeled as unwanted. This would of course all be voluntary and would allow users to gain a reputation with the community as a whole.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Staff should have a good reason for closing them. It's their tracker,we shouldn't argue with that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I can understand them... it has to be so frustrating, for any staff, to see how difficult is for them to get the monthly quota for expenses (not including the hard work and time dedicated) and then it comes from nowhere a scumbag selling something that must be free, besides of not being of his property.
    Then, good users pay the price, but I guess that must be very difficult to manage the issue without taking extreme measures.
    Iīd like to have them re-enabled, among other things because I promised one to an excellent user, but I understand the resolution... letīs hope that what they get is not to make invites to quote higher...
    Damn sellers! Hope they all rotten in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster
    Staff should have a good reason for closing them. It's their tracker,we shouldn't argue with that.
    They found on eBay a m***** f***** selling an invite for $ 149.95
    Last edited by Nemrod; 07-18-2008 at 10:20 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I can understand them... it has to be so frustrating, for any staff, to see how difficult is for them to get the monthly quota for expenses (not including the hard work and time dedicated) and then it comes from nowhere a scumbag selling something that must be free, besides of not being of his property.
    Then, good users pay the price, but I guess that must be very difficult to manage the issue without taking extreme measures.
    Iīd like to have them re-enabled, among other things because I promised one to an excellent user, but I understand the resolution... letīs hope that what they get is not to make invites to quote higher...
    Damn sellers! Hope they all rotten in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by markupmaster
    They found on eBay a m***** f***** selling an invite for $ 149.95
    Yeah,My Buddy Just told me..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    blah, i had an account there..then left it die. i didnt like the feel of it. so many different copies of the same movie ughh, some not packed into RARS (rars are essential when downloading large amounts of data. not for the compression, but for corruption prevention. rather end up with 95MB corrupted rar than a 5-12GB corrupted file. ) . for those who cant get into HDBiTS, try scenehd. signups are open and only half what you download counts. speeds are incredible too because of the Swedish users (100Mbit FTTH whores ). (it is still very easy to seed). all movies are English, no hardcoded subs Don't try and act like some stupid fanboy who thinks they can differentiate a scene encode form a P2P encode. yes, the p2p one is slightly better quality in most cases, but it takes a trained eye to notice.
    Last edited by lukee; 07-18-2008 at 10:28 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    That would be great if they do, but it's their choice. If they don't want us, then they shouldn't be forced to take us.

edit: and honestly, I hate RARs, unless xsfering via FTP.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    ha.
    Go Leafs Go.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    bblogs's Avatar Damn Straight. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm sorry but petitions are just pointless. It's like a facebook group getting the US to pull their troops out

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    do you even think HDBits staff are even gonna LOOK AT THIS, let alone CARE ABOUT this thread? Someone selling invites is a very serious thing. Not only does it jeopardize the whole tracker, it taints it and diminishes the true value of inviting friends in.

Petitions won't help a single bit. I'm not ripping of flaming you, but this thread will not grab the staff's attention.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast