Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: petition to reopen hdbits invites

Poster BT Rep: +1
    representing all the users who legitimately want to be part of this top notch community!

i was one of the unfortunate users who was invited for free by someone who then went on to sell invites on ebay. thus, i was disabled even though i was UHD and a member in excellent standing. it's sad to realize that even free invites can be dangerous. hdbits was basically the center of my online world.

anyhow, i doubt this will have any impact, but who else desperately desires to get back into this tracker?
    Last edited by koolyt; 07-19-2008 at 11:19 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    I personally disagree with the decision to disable invites globally. I wonder how many others trackers would be closed if the admins immediately slammed their fists on their keyboards, disabled invites/registrations, and then punched their monitors in a fit of rage, achieving total victory, the liquid from their LCD monitors oozing out symbolic of the blood of the naughty and conquered invite sellers.

All jokes aside, I'm sure they feel they have a complete community and don't need to globally renew invites. And perhaps they should enable an invite system like ScT has, so invites would be a lot rarer, and would most likely be used sparingly.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Well I think it is right to ban as it will make the users think better who they invite and not just give invites to any one but on the other side people who have got there accounts legitimately should be able to keep there accounts so its a bit of right and wrong

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    It is up to the owners to put the sites saftey first and foremost and if they think this is what is required I back them 100%.
    B4 any one asks no I am not a member there.
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    punki_rach's Avatar El Chupanibre BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    i was one of the unfortunate users who was invited for free by someone who then went on to sell invites on ebay.
    Asking for another invite in your sig is just going to get someone else banned for inviting a disabled user. If/when invites ever come back that is...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    As usual the minority spoiled it for the majority, another big tracker is also considering removing invites due to bit-tards, watch this space.

It's been on the cards for a while

Word
    Last edited by Ghostbusters; 07-18-2008 at 08:21 PM.

Baby On The Way OMFG !

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    hdbits will re open invites it wont take a petition just time

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by killercam101 View Post
    hdbits will re open invites it wont take a petition just time
    Global invite bans do suck if you really want to get in there but tbh I fully support it because it sends out a clear message.

Whether or not it pans out to be an effective deterrent remains to be seen...

Baby On The Way OMFG !

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    Asking for another invite in your sig is just going to get someone else banned for inviting a disabled user. If/when invites ever come back that is...
    oh ya that's been there for a while.. i don't think it's an issue, i talked to some guys from there on irc and my understanding is if you lose an account the way i did it's pretty much expected that you try to get back in and start over. correct me if i'm wrong

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by koolyt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by punki_rach View Post
    oh ya that's been there for a while.. i don't think it's an issue, i talked to some guys from there on irc and my understanding is if you lose an account the way i did it's pretty much expected that you try to get back in and start over. correct me if i'm wrong

You´re wrong.
    One account per user per lifetime.
    Other thing is that they never discover you´ve been disabled.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast