Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just built this

lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    i've been using the same pc for about 5+ years and it had started acting up the past few months. decided it was time to do a new build.

specs:
    Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz
    ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
    CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
    EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
    Western Digital 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

that 200mm exhaust fan on top is quite a beast

the zalman cooler, some arctic silver and the wolfdale getting acquainted

cabling mess... going to tidy that up when i get some space to work

not sure what's dragging down the video.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    nice ive got that case, tis really good unless you have a lot in it like me:p ive got my DVD drives at the bottom and HDD's at the top so ive got a clear run of air going to the GPU and also for the CPU to. Also ive got the added extra two fans so i now have a wind tunnel for my GPU and a fan on the side of the case
    have you noticed how loud it can be when all the fans are on high? it aint to bad to be fair.
    Great stuff there though, hope your enjoying. Are you gonna be using ya new pc for anything specific?

My name is Dan for the people who care!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Looks nice.

I see in one screenshot you have the powersaving options enabled (hence the 2MHz chip speed) but in the CoreTemp you have the CPU set to 333 x 8.5 instead of the stock 333 x 9...why is that?

Your vid score is probably down to the drivers.
    Did you use the ones supplied with the card or get the latest from nVidia?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Same case I have , only problem is mines hidden in my desk .

Nice thing is the beveled front with the two blue fans , easy dust trap . Same price here in Canada too about $119 .00
    Last edited by peat moss; 07-19-2008 at 02:10 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Great job man it looks great I only see one thing wrong here. In CPU-Z it says your cpu is running @ 2.0 Ghz you NEED to change the multiplier in your bios to 9 as the wolfdale is 333X9=3.0Ghz I have the same CPU, MoBo, Case, HDD, I do have a different CPU cooler though the Enzotech Extreme X but if you have the Samsung DVD Burner I am going to call you my clone

Seriously though man change your Bios settings you are wasting the awesomeness that is Wolfdale they have some decent Bios updated for the board as well check it out.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Very nice

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid_death69 View Post
    have you noticed how loud it can be when all the fans are on high? it aint to bad to be fair.
    Great stuff there though, hope your enjoying. Are you gonna be using ya new pc for anything specific?
    yea, the fans are very surprisingly quiet. i never used to play games, but i have been testing out the system with crysis. grabbing some more games to test out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Looks nice.

I see in one screenshot you have the powersaving options enabled (hence the 2MHz chip speed) but in the CoreTemp you have the CPU set to 333 x 8.5 instead of the stock 333 x 9...why is that?

Your vid score is probably down to the drivers.
    Did you use the ones supplied with the card or get the latest from nVidia?
    it's just the default settings. i was hoping i'd get a few tweaking suggestions. thanks.

the drivers i downloaded from the nvidia site. it was one that covered about 25 different models, mine included. looks to be version 175.19 for xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Great job man it looks great I only see one thing wrong here. In CPU-Z it says your cpu is running @ 2.0 Ghz you NEED to change the multiplier in your bios to 9 as the wolfdale is 333X9=3.0Ghz I have the same CPU, MoBo, Case, HDD, I do have a different CPU cooler though the Enzotech Extreme X but if you have the Samsung DVD Burner I am going to call you my clone

Seriously though man change your Bios settings you are wasting the awesomeness that is Wolfdale they have some decent Bios updated for the board as well check it out.
    as clocker said, i am going to change the multiplier. and yes, the samsung dvd burner is on the way. i think this is the best bang for your buck you can do right now, hence everyone having similar setups lately.

i also saw suggestions to update the bios on the internet. going to do that soon as well. i'll post some updated screenshots soon.
    Last edited by lee551; 07-19-2008 at 03:12 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    What OS are you running?
    Last edited by clocker; 07-19-2008 at 03:25 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    xp pro 32 sp2.

updated the bios to F5. corrected the multiplier.

the cpu-z core speed keeps going back and forth between 2000 MHz and 3000MHz with the multiplier going back and forth between x6.0 and x9.0. there is only one multiplier option under the bios. i didn't notice where i could set one for the other core or something.
    Last edited by lee551; 07-19-2008 at 03:54 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    MEDBEDb's Avatar Poster
    great, ive got almost the same cooler, only from thermaltake .. its volcano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast