Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The "phantom"

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    The "Phantom"
    time to say bye to ps2 and xbox its phantom time

Details:

Windows XP os which u can connect to internet and d/l games and install it, it means that there is no cd for this consual
    -Pentium prossesore with 3 GHZ and 256 DDR ram
    -nVidia Ge-Forece4 128MB DDR
    -Dolby Digital 7.1
    -Intel Motherboard
    -100Gb HardDisk
    -100 10 Base internet
    -12 input cables
    -USB
    -Wireless Controller
    -4 joystik socekt
    -KeyBoard(Wireless)
    -Mouse(wireless)
    -No CD players

High quality Viedo (Quick time 36MB
    Low quality movie (26MB QuickTime)

High Quality movie(23MB MediaPlayer)
    Low Quality video(18Mb MediaPlayer)

You can Buy it online:
    Regester Here(US resedents only)

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    Knowledge is Power
    That is just a pc... and for that effect mine is better.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@17 August 2003 - 23:31

Windows XP os which u can connect to internet and d/l games and install it, it means that there is no cd for this consual
    -Pentium prossesore with 3Gb MHZ and 256 DDR ram
    That will fail fast. You have to download your games? That would take forever on a console system.

And the processor is 3 gigabyte megahertz?

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by SodiumChloride@18 August 2003 - 11:40

That will fail fast. You have to download your games? That would take forever on a console system.

i dont think so

did u watch videoclips u find it more usefull there is 24hrs open fast boradband connection included with it(i think so) watch video clip ul see that

and its 3MHz not 3GB

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. Games   -   #5
    when this was announced several months ago, i was sure it was a hoax (just a parody of Xbox?). as far as i know, they have never done a hands-on demonstration for the press, despite the fugly photoshop-ish pics of what appears to be a finished product (or a prototype).

if it's real, it's going to be a massive flop on the same level of the 3DO and the Indrema. upgradeable hardware? give me a break. that's not why anyone buys a console-- you buy a console because you want a guarantee that the games have been designed to run at optimal performance on your console and everyone else's, rather than worrying about whether your machine is good enough to run the game. every accusation ever made about Xbox being nothing but an x86 PC should be laid squarely on the Phantom instead.

even on paper, Phantom is just a really bad idea. not to mention that the market has always had more than enough difficulty keeping 3 consoles alive simultaneously-- 4 competing consoles just won't fly. i guess you have to admire an underdog for trying to go up against huge established brands like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft... but developing & marketing a console, and courting software publishers for it, is an insanely expensive business.

Phantom has "flop" written all over it. either that or "abortion." :x

6. Games   -   #6
    Looks shit.

7. Games   -   #7
    i know ur fillings it used to happen with me, i mean when u got ps2 or xbox or any other consual u never love another consual but u guys didnt watch yet wat this consual can do theyr not idot to spend lots of money so the consual will be flop only announcing this consual in "Tokyo game show" its big thing

Benjamen button

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    I think it looks pants and don't think it will do well at all.

9. Games   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@18 August 2003 - 09:15
    did u watch videoclips u find it more usefull there is 24hrs open fast boradband connection included with it(i think so) watch video clip ul see that

and its 3MHz not 3GB
    Unlikely, considering you have to buy the modem (DSL or cable) seperately.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user+18 August 2003 - 09:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bawa@Klite_user @ 18 August 2003 - 09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SodiumChloride@18 August 2003 - 11:40

i dont think so

and its 3MHz not 3GB [/b][/quote]
    3MHz
    Don&#39;t you mean
    3GHz?

If it were 3MHz, it would be totally shite. How would you expect to play games with a 3MHz processor?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast