Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator Salvation [2009]

Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I wish that directors, writers and the money people would come up with some new ideas and quit recycling sequels.
    At this rate all our kids will have to choose from will be Batman21 or Terminator34.
    And whatever POS Eddie Murphy and Will Ferrell just crapped out.
    True, but it is hard to come up with an original idea these days for some reason:s Everything seems like a rip off of something else.

My name is Dan for the people who care!

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    blah...
    no terminator without Arnie...

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid_death69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    I wish that directors, writers and the money people would come up with some new ideas and quit recycling sequels.
    At this rate all our kids will have to choose from will be Batman21 or Terminator34.
    And whatever POS Eddie Murphy and Will Ferrell just crapped out.
    True, but it is hard to come up with an original idea these days for some reason:s Everything seems like a rip off of something else.
    New ideas come out all the time as do sequels.

This type of sequel to Terminator has been batted about for quite some time and I'm happy to see it come to fruition. In fact, I'm happy to hear it's a trilogy and isn't just starting in the grey devastation flash forwarded in previous films.

I like the continuation of a good story or universe. I'd be pretty pissed if there were no sequels.

For instance, many of us would love a sequel to Serenity and are happy to see the sequel (and previous reimagining) of Batman.

Oh and Will Ferrell movies are pretty good....Eddie Murphy...yeah that's crap. Who was smokin weed when they greenlit Meet Dave?

Btw, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles is getting another season. The show, in it's 9 ep run, turned out to be pretty good.

Another thing I heard is that John Connor gets killed (at some point) and so the resistance moral doesn't sink too low, they "skin" him onto a reprogrammed Terminator to give the illusion that he's still alive.

That tidbit is quite weird.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    messiaah's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    looks good

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

This type of sequel to Terminator has been batted about for quite some time and I'm happy to see it come to fruition. In fact, I'm happy to hear it's a trilogy and isn't just starting in the grey devastation flash forwarded in previous films.

I like the continuation of a good story or universe. I'd be pretty pissed if there were no sequels.

For instance, many of us would love a sequel to Serenity and are happy to see the sequel (and previous reimagining) of Batman.

Oh and Will Ferrell movies are pretty good....Eddie Murphy...yeah that's crap. Who was smokin weed when they greenlit Meet Dave?

Btw, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles is getting another season. The show, in it's 9 ep run, turned out to be pretty good.

Another thing I heard is that John Connor gets killed (at some point) and so the resistance moral doesn't sink too low, they "skin" him onto a reprogrammed Terminator to give the illusion that he's still alive.

Dont get me wrong i love the terminator films and i cant wait to see number four even though we have to wait for a long time

But what is puzzling me is that the series the sarah connor chronicles contradicts the films

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    good god, one of my favorite movie of all time now with bale in it, no Arnold though, HIS NOT BACK.
    will be waiting for it.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-04-2008 at 03:32 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    neo24's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    hope it will not dissapoint

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    will be great

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

Dont get me wrong i love the terminator films and i cant wait to see number four even though we have to wait for a long time

But what is puzzling me is that the series the sarah connor chronicles contradicts the films
    How so? I thought it "fit" into an area of lore that could be finagled a bit.

Also I was quite shocked to find out that the material that the Terminator's endoskeletons are made of that was alluded to in the series, is actually real.

Coltan is the name of the grouping ferrocolumbite and tantalite primarily found in Africa.

I was watching Dan Rather Reports (or was it 60 Minutes?) and heard them mention it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    How so? I thought it "fit" into an area of lore that could be finagled a bit.

Also I was quite shocked to find out that the material that the Terminator's endoskeletons are made of that was alluded to in the series, is actually real.

Coltan is the name of the grouping ferrocolumbite and tantalite primarily found in Africa.

I was watching Dan Rather Reports (or was it 60 Minutes?) and heard them mention it.
    In the third film they didnt consider that they were going to make a series, so when john is introducing himself at the start he say's there have been only two machines sent bk in time. Yet the series shows there's more?????
    There are other bits and bobs that contradict the film, like sarah conners death from cancer.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast