Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is trading invites generally frowned upon (outside of FST)?

Hi,

I am a member of a popular private tracker, on which I had a few invites. Like many people, I opted to try to use the BitTorrent Invite forums here in the hope of trading one of my invites, for an invite to another sought -after private tracker.

Well, not only did I not get an invite (the site I want is currently not allowing invites), I had my own invites revoked by the admin of the tracker I am a member of. Apparently because "trading isn't allowed".

Dangit. I am just relieved I didn't lose my account on that tracker completely.
    I must also mention that the particular tracker was *not* listed as one of those trackers whose admins have requested their invites not be traded on FST. So I was taken aback somewhat.
    Is there such a thing as safe trading in the invite section? That is, trading without running the risk of having your tracker account or invites revoked. I've been completely put off using the invites section because of this

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    In most sites, if not all, not only it is frowned upon, nut also forbidden by their rules! A quick glance at the FAQs nad Rules will confirm this!
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdysn5 View Post
    Is there such a thing as safe trading in the invite section?
    no, there isn't. follow tracker rules and you'll be safe.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 07-21-2008 at 11:26 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    trading is like a curse nothing good can come from it , eventually it will get back to you and hunt your accounts

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Hi,

I am a member of a popular private tracker, on which I had a few invites. Like many people, I opted to try to use the BitTorrent Invite forums here in the hope of trading one of my invites, for an invite to another sought -after private tracker.

Well, not only did I not get an invite (the site I want is currently not allowing invites), I had my own invites revoked by the admin of the tracker I am a member of. Apparently because "trading isn't allowed".

Dangit. I am just relieved I didn't lose my account on that tracker completely.
    You're lucky you didn't.

I must also mention that the particular tracker was *not* listed as one of those trackers whose admins have requested their invites not be traded on FST. So I was taken aback somewhat.
    You need to read that section of rules here again, and more carefully.

Is there such a thing as safe trading in the invite section? That is, trading without running the risk of having your tracker account or invites revoked. I've been completely put off using the invites section because of this
    No there isn't, and good you are put off. Using the invite section here or anywhere similar is asking for a ban.
    Well done for learning your lesson, as it sounds like you have.
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    As with ALL communities, you need to read THEIR own rules on THEIR own site, as well as rules on THIS site.

Take it as read that practically most trackers don't like invite trading, with the exception of the very few. Account trading is a complete NO NO, so don't even bother to ask about that one.

Just remember that only Del Boy would attempt to sell something that was to be given freely, and he is the ultimate Trader...
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Just read the rules and faqs. But most trackers don't allow trading invites and trading accounts is always forbidden no matter what usually.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    n00b
    not only is it frowned upon, but at every site where I am a member, it will get you banned. site staff browse FST forums looking for traders, and you can get banned from one site, even if the invites you were trading weren't theirs! they simply don't want traders on their sites.

By trading with strangers (no mater how good their ratio proofs and trading rep may look, they are still strangers) you are putting that site at risk. the whole idea is that everyone who gets an invite went through a screening process by a current member to ensure that they can be trusted. by trading, you've broken that system.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    You can get blacklisted on all sites if you trade. Generally, people use different nicks on forums and trackers.

Trading usually gets you nowhere, and most trackers ban trading of invites.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    n00b
    good point, it deserves mention that many of the best bittorrent trackers share info on ratio cheats, and invite/account sellers & traders. Often times this means if you get banned at one site for trading, others may ban you as well

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast