Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ovh Kimsufi

You can keep your current OS, Casper. No problem with it.
    When OVH will send you the e-mail, they will give you the information to connect to your server via SSH and via RDP. A remote desktop client allows you to access your server as if you were in front of it (with the nice windows graphics and everything ).

If you think you won't be able to do the setup, do not hesitate to send me a PM. I can install uTorrent, its webui and configure everything. I already setted up a few OVH servers for FST members.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Casper413's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    thanks Just to be clear when it asks what operating system u would like choose windows webase edition only and with this u could set up utorrent webui?

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Yes, with the Windows 2003 Web edition, you can set up uTorrent webui without any problem.

And if you make a mistake when you're choosing the OS, don't worry. You can change it through the OVH manager later.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    thanks kross been a great help now i understand alot more about the dedi servers thanks
    Last edited by Casper413; 07-21-2008 at 09:14 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    BlackEyes's Avatar Going Upp BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by kross View Post
    Yes, with the Windows 2003 Web edition, you can set up uTorrent webui without any problem.

And if you make a mistake when you're choosing the OS, don't worry. You can change it through the OVH manager later.
    yea thats right

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    how long does setup take

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most of the time the servers are ready to go, they just need to install your chosen OS and email you the login details. So you are ready to go within an hour.

If they have none set up then it can take up to 3 days, but usually it wont take as long as that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    From today, it appears that things will change for new customers.
    It's recommended to people that will order from OVH to check their forum to see their new rules: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=5805&postcount=3

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by kross View Post
    From today, it appears that things will change for new customers.
    It's recommended to people that will order from OVH to check their forum to see their new rules: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=5805&postcount=3

thanks for letting me know!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    U can use any Linux OS or Windows 2003 to run WebUI.

I recomment CentOS 5 to use with Kimsufi. Windows take so much memory and if u seed many torrents things will be not nice.

Currently i have 2 Kimsufi servers... one Windows 2003 Server and one with CentOS 5.0.

In the Linux box i get 11MB/s download speed and 7 - 8 Upload Speed.
    In the Windows Box 9MB/s down and 2 - 3 Upload Speed.

Take care

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast