Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: uTorrent hogs 100% of my connection

Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    Sounds like it's swapping out... Or Virtual Memory I believe they call it on Windows.
    Shouldn't be a memory problem I don't think.
    I have 4gb of physical memory, and have an 8gb pagefile, as well as a 2gb flash drive running ReadyBoost.
    I am going to try removing the flash drive, and leaving the pagefile on system managed, and see if that makes any difference.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I had this problem and to fix it I limited by upload to about half of what it can achieve and also took a bunch of inactive torrents out of my seedlist. I found that the more torrents I was uploading(even if they werent active) would slow down my computer.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiweiler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    Sounds like it's swapping out... Or Virtual Memory I believe they call it on Windows.
    Shouldn't be a memory problem I don't think.
    I have 4gb of physical memory, and have an 8gb pagefile, as well as a 2gb flash drive running ReadyBoost.
    I am going to try removing the flash drive, and leaving the pagefile on system managed, and see if that makes any difference.

I just reread the OP. I would agree that it is most likely not a memory issue.

I would reset uTorrents settings to default and see if it persists. If it does, I would start to back things down in increments of 10%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123