Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thread: Media Player Classic Home Theator EVA/AVIVO Question!

ok, i spent ages looking for a AVIVO solution for x264's, no program was having any of it. Cyberlink h264 avi decoder wasnt even working.

Then i found MPC-HT with EVA and x264 DXVA support! and i finally got it all working.

I just played a XVID, and realised it was also working through AVIVO! but DXVA is turned off for xvid as shown in properties, yet it was still working! and I just cant understand why. Obviously its a good thing it was working but i REALLLLY want to know why.

Can any one explain?

2. ** REGISTER to REMOVE This Ad On The Site!! **
    Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
  3. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    panoli's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    try using KM media player

4. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Yorkshire, England
    If it is now working this suggests that either something is turning the DXVA hardware decoding on or, more likely, that installing MPC-HT has set up the codecs to perform software decoding.

The end user software (in this case MPC-HT) doesn't care how the data stream gets decoded as long as it gets decoded.

If you want a basic idea of what's going on, try using Gspot. You should be able to work out how your xvid clips are being decoded.
    For a more comprehensive picture, you can use GraphEdit, but it is a lot harder to use.
    You can get them both with the Klite Codec Pack
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.