Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Defense of Hurricanes

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It happens we in the U.S. (south-Texas, gulf coast, specifically) are currently entertaining a hurricane, goes by the name of, uh, let me look...Dolly (apparently a storm with a heavy breast).

As I mull and ponder Dolly's portent , it occurs to me how one quickly develops an affinity for a nice little sustained gulf breeze...it occurs to me as well that recently expressed (U.S.) sentiment toward expanded off-shore drilling (oil specie) is malicious, vile, and an absolute affront to nature.

I hereby call upon congress to eschew the fight against steroids in baseball and turn their laser-light of logic and reason instead to forestalling any effort to extract oil from gulf waters.

We simply cannot presume to risk fouling a perfectly decent and unassuming ocean storm with the tools of our greed and ignorance!!

WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THIS - HURRICANES ARE HUMAN, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

'Hurricane' Higgins. former world snooker champion.

Above is another hurricane that sadly got wasted by getting 'well oiled' on too many occasions.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    It happens we in the U.S. (south-Texas, gulf coast, specifically) are currently entertaining a hurricane, goes by the name of, uh, let me look...Dolly (apparently a storm with a heavy breast).

As I mull and ponder Dolly's portent , it occurs to me how one quickly develops an affinity for a nice little sustained gulf breeze...it occurs to me as well that recently expressed (U.S.) sentiment toward expanded off-shore drilling (oil specie) is malicious, vile, and an absolute affront to nature.

I hereby call upon congress to eschew the fight against steroids in baseball and turn their laser-light of logic and reason instead to forestalling any effort to extract oil from gulf waters.

We simply cannot presume to risk fouling a perfectly decent and unassuming ocean storm with the tools of our greed and ignorance!!

Have you fallen mad at all

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Have you fallen mad at all
    And you risk fouling my rights by questioning my sanity.

I'll see you at the ICC, you bar-steward.

HURRICANES!!!

HURRICANES!!!

HURRICANES!!!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    My city's awful bleak right now. I like it.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    By golly, I think you've just hijacked my thread.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Indeed! There is a lot to be said in defence of hurricanes. From the air the are kewl and remember they tend to seed tornadoes, which are even more fun and extremely beautiful. Also most of the hurricanes hit the USA..so who cares? I would say support your local hurricane/s and realise they originate from the very source of mankind ( Africa) , as the current understanding goes! One more point, they resemble galaxies!
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I thought this would be your sort of thread, nigel

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Do hurricanes need defending?

I've always thought they were big enough to look after themselves.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    Do hurricanes need defending?
    Not ordinarily, but...

Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post
    I've always thought they were big enough to look after themselves.
    ...this is in question, so they've hired a lobbyist, you see.

Me.
    Last edited by j2k4; 08-07-2008 at 08:18 PM.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast