Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't Move The Damn Threads!

Originally posted by Lamsey@19 August 2003 - 16:28
    You know, I think this thread needs moved

Seriously, though, if a thread is in the wrong section then it is moved. That is the policy here.
    If you have a problem with a specific thread, feel free to PM a moderator.
    Big picture-wise, moving the threads accomplishes nothing, and in some instances is harmful, as described above. Waste your time as you wish, but I find micro-management irksome.

I've had my say. Ok, what's next?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Aberrant
    It's in the Lounge now... no point in spamming anymore.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Maybe you didn't understand that I was not kidding.
    And I am not.

Didn't I say I had given my two cents and was done? Then it was moved. That is just crass.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Since I have been such a problem child here, I'm glad you mods have taken it upon yourselves to piss me off.

Why don't you worry about the function of the forum and it's stability, rather than aggravate decent contributors?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Poster
    With regard to the God thread. It's like a yo-yo in and out of world / lounge. So I use it as an example.

I can understand why mods would move things for purely relevance. e.g. If I were to post, "What's your favourite Jim Reeves Song" in the Hardware section then they may feel that it should be in Software world.

However movement between the World News and Lounge sections is purely a subjective judgment, based on the Mod's own opinion.

So if a Mod decides that the last few posts were not worthy of serious discussion, then they move it to the Lounge. Conversely if they feel that the posts have become of sufficient worth they then move it back.

That really isn't moderation, that is judgementalism and frankly it borders on the arrogant to feel that your opinion of what is worthwhile is more valuable than anyone else's.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by JPaul@19 August 2003 - 22:01
    With regard to the God thread. It's like a yo-yo in and out of world / lounge. So I use it as an example.

I can understand why mods would move things for purely relevance. e.g. If I were to post, "What's your favourite Jim Reeves Song" in the Hardware section then they may feel that it should be in Software world.

However movement between the World News and Lounge sections is purely a subjective judgment, based on the Mod's own opinion.

So if a Mod decides that the last few posts were not worthy of serious discussion, then they move it to the Lounge. Conversely if they feel that the posts have become of sufficient worth they then move it back.

That really isn't moderation, that is judgementalism and frankly it borders on the arrogant to feel that your opinion of what is worthwhile is more valuable than anyone else's.
    word

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+19 August 2003 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 19 August 2003 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@19 August 2003 - 22:01
    With regard to the God thread. It&#39;s like a yo-yo in and out of world / lounge. So I use it as an example.

I can understand why mods would move things for purely relevance. e.g. If I were to post, "What&#39;s your favourite Jim Reeves Song" in the Hardware section then they may feel that it should be in Software world.

However movement between the World News and Lounge sections is purely a subjective judgment, based on the Mod&#39;s own opinion.

That really isn&#39;t moderation, that is judgementalism and frankly it borders on the arrogant to feel that your opinion of what is worthwhile is more valuable than anyone else&#39;s.
    word [/b][/quote]
    onomatopoeia.

Why do you need one tho&#39;

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    If you want me to leave, just say so.

Otherwise stop being an ass and leave threads in their original spot.

Do you think I don&#39;t know where to post?

I get the picture of powertripping teenagers. So go fuck yourselves.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast