Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Move The Damn Threads!

Moving threads should only be done in critical situations.

The God(Atheist) thread is a good example.

Sure, even in the World News and Events section we degenerate into light-heartedness and levity, but it is usually self limited. In here it has the best chance of recovery and not becoming the typical Jonno, Ron, Proper Bo exchange which inevitably leads to cheez, masturbation or naked pictures of NikkiD. (No offense, just an observation).

Although this thread (God/atheist) has made it back, it is filled with crap and the discussion progresses like a whirlpool. Sure we spout a lot of crap here, but at least most contributors actually read the thread, not just the last post or in some cases, just the title. This allows progression, evolution.

I am a minimalist in regards to intervention. Only move threads to save a life. Newbs will always be posting incorrectly, this is a fixed event. Don't spoonfeed them by moving their posts. If a thread is in the wrong place, so what? I will still be able to sleep at night. Why worry yourselves over this trivial task of tidyness, especially in the forums where post counts aren't an issue.

/steps down off soapbox, goes to eat cheez.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    That is the stupidest thing I have ever read! Grow up, Hobbes.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Aberrant
    You could've just said *BUMP*

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 August 2003 - 16:24
    which inevitably leads to cheez, masturbation

/steps down off soapbox, goes to eat cheez.
    I LIKE CHEEZ!AND MASTURBATION! ENJOY YOUR CHEEZ!
    <span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>No Signature Required</span></span></span>
    Check out this cult TV forum... Cult TV Boards

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Aberrant
    Cheez-Whiz makes for good lube&#33;

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Hobbes-

You were right the first time.

Now, let&#39;s just give it to the hi-jackers; they&#39;ve seen fit to add some levity to your thread.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Originally posted by titey@19 August 2003 - 04:17
    Cheez-Whiz makes for good lube&#33;
    Hmmm... I would&#39;nt touch that one with a ten foot can of cheez whiz.
    <span style='font-familyptima'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:gray'>No Signature Required</span></span></span>
    Check out this cult TV forum... Cult TV Boards

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by Powdered Water+19 August 2003 - 05:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Powdered Water &#064; 19 August 2003 - 05:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-titey@19 August 2003 - 04:17
    Cheez-Whiz makes for good lube&#33;&nbsp;
    Hmmm... I would&#39;nt touch that one with a ten foot can of cheez whiz.[/b][/quote]
    Alright, looks like this one needs to go to the lounge. Let&#39;s get on it, Mods.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Aberrant

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Ex-member
    You know, I think this thread needs moved

Seriously, though, if a thread is in the wrong section then it is moved. That is the policy here.
    If you have a problem with a specific thread, feel free to PM a moderator.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast