Thread: How to share seedbox securely

lifehackr's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I have a seedbox and am wondering about the best way to securely share it with someone from FST. Is there a guide? Any gotchas? What are you really sharing? Just bandwdth? Does each ip user get their own disk space etc? Or am I allowing them access to everything I downloaded?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    If you're making an account for someone on windows, don't give them admin priviledges. If you're giving them a username on a linux based os, don't give them root priviledges. They won't be able to access your directories. However, it'll be from the same IP, so you might want to bring that up with them.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    lifehackr's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Thanks intergral. Yes I failed to mention its a windows 2003 server. OK so creating a new user id will protect my stuff. I guess they have to be ok with me having access to their stuff since I would have admin rights. I believe my lea$eweb server has 2 ips so that would be ok too.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, just remember that you'll have to add them to the Remote Connection list as well, on top of creating their new user account.

they didn't built Rome in one day

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    user0's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2

Question Mark

If you want them to just allow to upload and download from torrents than you should look at webui or Tflux.