Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Do People Act Pompous When It Comes To Invitations

Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post
    People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with invitation or membership at a top site just talk crap to people who enquire about that stuff.

Anyone care to explain?
    Contribute constructively to the forum or group from where you are requesting invites and guess what will happen

Baby On The Way OMFG !

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    c0njur's Avatar ? BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Halliwell View Post
    People act like they are so l33t when it comes to private torrent sites and invites. It's stupid there is no need for it!

I have noticed people with invitation or membership at a top site just talk crap to people who enquire about that stuff.

Anyone care to explain?
    This does happen way too often. Some people on this site think their the shit because of some tracker they got invited to. Instead of talking down to people who inquire, seasoned users should offer advice (which some do).

Sadly, some individuals here try to use their epenis to compensate for their real penis...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    horiZen's Avatar >>SSL ENCRYPTED<<
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    It's mainly due to such wording on the sites as "only invite your friends and those whom you trust, or you risk your entire invite tree being disabled", so it turns into a sort of protectionism and self preservation of sorts.

And when you realise that inviting noobs from here that openly post requests is considered a serious enough offence for some to lose their accounts, or their privileges such as invites removed for life, and if you have been around long enough to see 100s of requests and 100s of failures it's easy to fall into a condescending mode, don't be upset by it, embrace it and join in the fun, post funny & sarcy & witty responses back, people will remember you more for that than getting all huffy and offended by posts on the interwebz

It's the old adage, and cliché, of make friends and prove to others that a site is missing out on not having you as a member, rather than persistently posting & begging for an invite.

Remember, less is equal to more.

could'nt have said it better myself

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    The real question is: why are some users so presumptuous to think they belong in every tracker? After all it is mostly greed, which erupts inside of them when asking for an invite they have no use for.
    Proud Member of:

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    The real question is: why are some users so presumptuous to think they belong in every tracker? After all it is mostly greed, which erupts inside of them when asking for an invite they have no use for.
    The fact people want to get what is almost impossible to obtain is just human nature I guess ... the things that are hard (or impossible) to get are far more attractive than the things you get for free!

But I don't like the members at FST that have every high level tracker there is (you know who you are) and who feel they to behave like complete *ssholes when some member at FST requests an invite.

Instead of telling them how to get an invite (you won't get it with 15 post and 2 months of membership here) they get their own satisfaction by bashing the poor shmuck that asks for the invite, because they feel smart for being a member of the tracker. The only thing they forget to tell is how exactly they became a part of it...by trade...by semi trading invite GA's...by not having a life and being able to participate in a trackers IRC for 20 hours a day.

Some people here get into high level trackers, not based on their value for the community, but just based on the amount of free time they have in their 'real' life. They don't have a life and have more than enough time to spend evrey second on the interwebs, making socalled friends that get them into higher level trackers ... and it is exactly that kind of people who start flaming on n00bs that are asking for invites.

That's what bothers me sometimes. If you are a member of this or that high level tracker, just shut your jap or give the OP some good advice instead of being a complete posh *sshole and making fun of them.

I'm sorry but all those 1-sentence requests are useless, I know that ... but newbies should be told this is not the way to get into these kind of trackers. But instead of telling them how they get into these trackers there are some members at FST that like to flame these people with arguments that aren't based on giving advise but just to show off, because they are already part off the community the OP is asking an invite for.
    Last edited by Disme; 07-26-2008 at 12:03 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    waki's Avatar HA!
    It's just the human nature. The harder to get the more you want it. Believe me, if it wouldn't be very hard to get into a site, the interest would be very small. I think almost every 0day site has the same content so you can find almost anything you want in a low level (meh) tracker aswell. And i hate when someone is answering "Community" for the question "Why do u want it?". He doesn't know sh*t about that community, he doesn't know what's going on on their forums & irc. It's all about the rarity.

And yeah, belong to a rare site makes you feel 'special'. lol...

I'd ban everyone from a 0day tracker with <X download, and ban everyone from a community based tracker with <Y post or irc time. It's harsh maybe, but if you don't use them, why are you there? Just my 2 cents...
    you can't spell ballin' without allin

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by waki View Post
    I'd ban everyone from a 0day tracker with <X download, and ban everyone from a community based tracker with <Y post or irc time. It's harsh maybe, but if you don't use them, why are you there? Just my 2 cents...
    You might have something there although some trackers would be stuck inbtwn
    Proud Member of:

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    waki's Avatar HA!
    although some trackers would be stuck inbtwn

funny i didn't think about that tracker when i was writing the post
    mybad :]
    you can't spell ballin' without allin

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by waki View Post

I'd ban everyone from a 0day tracker with <X download, and ban everyone from a community based tracker with <Y post or irc time.
    Presumably not the first day though.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    70% get invited for kissing ass, 10% come in for being sharp and has knowledge and 20% come in for being a friend of either one.
    That should sum it up pretty good.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast