Thread: Takeshi's Castle

Poster
    Has anyone in the UK or some other europe country, or indeed Japan been watching Takeshi's Castle? In the UK it's on challenge tv and trouble, and narrated by Craig Charles (lister from Red Dwarf, and the guy from robot wars).

Takeshi's Castle is a brilliant series, where it takes 100 people - men and women - and puts them through dangerous contests to progress to the last round. One such is "Skipping Stones" where they run full-pelt across a lake with some real stones and some fake ones. If they hit a fake one, the stone sinks, and they go flying into the real stones and look like they hurt themselves. Another is "knock knock" where there is 4 walls one behind the other, each wall has 4 doors. Two fake and two real, and they have to run full speed at the doors and dive through (if they get a fake door, its hillarious).

There are so many dangerous and funny games on this show, was just wondering if anyone else wached it? America ported a version I think of it, but called it something else and changed it completely (less dangerous too), which has wrecke the feel of it by what i've been told.

Anyway, anyone else watch this show?
    I hope I can find it on kazaa or something to download a few episodes, it's great.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    yeah ive seen it, its pretty funny too, looks like some of the people get some sore ones too,

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    gaz_k's Avatar Poster
    yeah mate i always watch it, it fuckin hilarious, the japanese are so good for game shows
    and craig charles is a well funny comentator on it, he not very pc but thats what makes it even funnier
    it on uk challange on sky digital channel 121 it on about 7 on weekdays and on again later one
    any with sky digital or uk challenge, check what tim it on and just watch 5 mins of it, garuantee you will be crying with laughter
    it so funny cos most of them are so small and weedy as well and just get the shit kicked out of them, it like sumthing you see on tarront on tv.
    speaking of craig charles, that puff darren day has pulled out of the celbrity boxing match against him.... craig would have aboslutley twated him!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    yeah, i watched it today on trouble this morning. i can't undersytand how thye get away with that without getting sued

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I'll admit - I've haven't laughed more recently than I have watching that practically every day for two weeks

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    Brilliant show, it's on now but it's the adverts. Seems liek a good episode, everyonw with digital go and watch challenge tv (theres an episode on at 6:30 too)