Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Proxies With Kazaa (kl++)

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    NP

Also i think difference between a plain proxy and an anonymous is that the anoymous proxy dosent list there location.

And i dont think using a proxy will draw more attantion at all.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Shadow Hacker, would you happen to know of any websites with fast proxies? If that's possible.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Originally posted by MusicChick@13 September 2003 - 04:47
    1. Is there a difference between a plain proxy and an anonymous one?
    2. Can using a proxy completely protect you from the RIAA or anyone else getting your Ip on Kazza?
    3. Is there any way that the RIAA can tell if your using a proxy, and using it could it draw more attention to you?
    4. And last question, should I change proxies everyday?
    5. Would you happen to know of any websites with fast proxies? If that's possible.
    1. Haven't heard the term plain used before...
    If your refering to web surfing, Transparent proxies can still reveal your IP, wheras Anonymous do not.
    2. Generally yes, unless the proxy is being monitoredby its owner, such as a honeybot. This is why I always say never to use US proxies, if really paranoid I guess you could stay away from UK and AU proxies as well. The likeyhood of foreign proxy monitoring copyright infringement is most likely non exsistent, and the AA getting a subenoa to view their logs, if there are any, is even less likely.
    3. They may be able to know the IP is a proxy, but so what. No.
    4. As SH mentioned, only when they go down generally.
    5. You'll have to just try differnt ones. As I said above proxies must be maintained and the speeds may not be as good as without, its here for the paranoid users in the US generally.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    There's no site that has good ones for kazaa, becuase kazaa dosent support most of them. So it just a matter of fining ones that work. REALITY will post more as he finds him so the best you can do it try them all. That he post and see witch is faster.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by MusicChick@13 September 2003 - 04:31
    Shadow Hacker, would you happen to know of any websites with fast proxies? If that's possible.
    shadow is right, here a post we've trying to keep up with updated proxies. look for my post, i've used several on that list with HIGH ANONIMITY AND 128 SSL 89dl/30ul. good luck.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I use this program to search for good proxys. Proxyrama

I find it is very good and fast.

The question is can Kazaa utilize this program when you "Chain" 5 or 6 anonymous proxys? I know you can when you use it with IE, but I haven't gotten Kazaa to work.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    The Kazaa Capture thing is not FREE but I did try the free trial for 30 days. It did not nork. Told it to capture my kppl.exe file and still I was using the same ole non captured ports. However I am using one of the proxies that reality posted but I am getting a very slow 1-2Kb/s. I can share but people will be getting very slow connections. BTW is there an easier prog then socs to http or are we stuck with socs proxies for KL? Hopefully Reality will keep us up to date with the latest socs proxies so we can still use Kazaa-Lite and share files.

Oh BTW when I used the browser when connected to one of the socs proxies it still gave my ip address when I went to www.myipis.com. Does this not cover the browser in Kazaa-Lite?

Voodoohippie

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by voodoohippie@15 September 2003 - 23:02
    Oh BTW when I used the browser when connected to one of the socs proxies it still gave my ip address when I went to www.myipis.com. Does this not cover the browser in Kazaa-Lite?
    No, it does not cover any regular web surfing.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    I found this list quite a while back so i am not sure how many are still working, but feel free to take a look at this site for proxies.

I have just looked at it again and it seems that they are well maintained.....Ummm, i was going to post the site name on here but if there are any trolls about i dont want them seeing this site.

If you want the name message me.

But then of course how do i know you are not a troll........geeez this is confusing.

This is a good site, i expect to be given an honoury status for finding this. B)

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Reality, what do you think of it ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast