Thread: Chat Program Wanted

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'd like a chat program that I can converse & share files with friends. I want it to be free or easily cr*cked, ad-free, no spyware, private & or encrypted, light on system resources, not take over my computer, easy to uninstall completely, perferably an exe not an install, not by M$ or AOL, easy to connect & disconnect, run on demand vs running all the time in the background and REALLY easy to use. I tried Yahoo IM & others & I've run into one or more of the previously stated problems. Most are just impossible for me to grasp the workings of & explanations are nonsensicle. And I don't want that crap by the big guys (YM, AIM, MS etc.) thats insecure & takes over my puter. Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    http://mirc.com/

The best one on earth

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Id have to say Soulseek...create a room for you and your mates, and chat to your hearts content...go user list only, then only your mates will be able to dl from you.

It does need an install, and occasionally goes offline for a little while, but its not all that much.
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I might do SS again. But I&#39;d like something private. Can I make a room private. No entry. And I heard the mods there will eavesdrop. So all in all I&#39;d like something like SS but private. Thanks.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    you can do all the things you seem to want on IRC, including making your own room, and making it private