Thread: Help With Renting A Server

TrackerDaddy's Avatar The Chief BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hi all,

I need some help with renting a server.
    the host will be Hosting IE and i would like know which is the best deal for us.
    does CPanel or Plesk are required for torrenting purposes? (i have no idea what they are).
    the budget is 35 Euro.

These are the good options if im not mistaking : http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/27/77/
    i will go for VPS Raptor 3, tell me if im missing somthing, any useful info would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit:

from the reviews i read there a lot of complaints about their service, is it that bad considering the price and the unlimited traffic?

Does OVH works with Windows Server Edition?
    what does "2 IP-Adresse" mean? 2 diffrent IP's for the server or login from two diffrent IP's at the same time?
    what is the max upload/download rate il get with the basic VPS Raptor 3 packege?

Thanks
    Last edited by TrackerDaddy; 07-27-2008 at 01:28 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Dont use hosting-ie
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    There is a separate section for this (seedbox section).

As I'm sure it'll get moved to the appropriate section eventually, I'll give my answer:

You don't necessarily _need_ plesk or any control panel software, they're just luxuries, and you do not need them for torrenting.

2 IP addresses means you'll be assigned two different IP addresses with the account (i.e. 1.2.3.4 and 1.2.3.5).

I cannot speak from personal experience about the speeds, but if it is a VPS based on 100mbit line, theoretically you would receive a maximum of about 11mb/s both ways, but more realistically you would see speeds of maybe 5-6mb/s, and since it says "On this package each master server hosts 5 Virtual Dedicated Servers," maybe 2-3mb/s if 5 people on the master server are all pulling.

they didn't built Rome in one day

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    TrackerDaddy's Avatar The Chief BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Thank you integral for the useful info.

Should i check OVH instead? can someone find me a good deal please?
    i need at least the following:
    RD Access (windows server edition)
    Min 30GB for stoarge
    Unlimited Traffic or at least 4TB per month
    option for FTP access (my friend can install that if it doesnt comes with it)

Budget: 35 € (cannot add anymore..)

Thats pretty much it. im a long time in the torrent scene but kind of a noob when it comes to servers.. any help will be much appreciated.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i went with leaseweb they are a bit on the expensive side but speeds are great both up and down.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Try the seedbox discussion forum here.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-see...iscussion-154/
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Try the seedbox discussion forum here.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-see...iscussion-154/
    Thanks, didnt saw this sub forum..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    hi
    Hosting-ie is just fine but i would advice to go to
    http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/29/78/
    VDS Raptor 1+

that package is shared between 3 VDS only which is unusual for VDS packages, and speeds are exceptional,

If your budget will go over 55 euro then VDS Raptor 3+
    offers even 1Gbit uplinc, I did never try it but must be top high speed.

Good luck.