Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Threat to BitTorrent

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well he isnt in prison is he, tbh i have no idea whats going on with that, all i know is hes out on bail and his trial keeps getting put back and back.

i have not heard anything about the trial being over and him being banged up, thats not to say he wont get banged up.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    And Sarg there's already a thread like that here.Do a search.
    That I want to be a millionaire, or that I'm a dick?

We can't please all the people all the time
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    he was put in prison for like a day i think.

the trial has been pushed back for like ages.

check http://oink.cd/

atm it's set on July 28th and by tomorrow it prolly will be pushed away a month or so.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Ha ha ha I don't know about anyone else, but that whole... post there that she did freaked me out.

Some people are born leaders, have that ability to lead. Others try to recreate, imitate this charisma. You are trying far too hard to imitate. It doesn't work. And wrong material to be using your 'inspirational' message on. You're trying to turn stealing into a legitimate business? Ha ha ha. Now that's priceless.
    Last edited by EvanUnisil; 07-27-2008 at 05:56 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well im prety sure that "prison" was just the local nick for questioning.

so it starts tomorrow then, will be interesting to see the outcome of it, it it ever starts.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Have you guys (admins) seriously made Vortex into a company?
    No, as Rachel said "We are a legal and legitimate Tax Exempt Corporation", which in the US means that a legal entity was incorporated as a subchapter "S" corporation, a non-profit organization.
    This was necessary to open a bank account, purchase equipment and report revenue to the taxing authorities. If anything, this makes things more difficult for some who would want the community shutdown. Perhaps Rachel can make this statement a bit clearer.
    To maintain tax exempt status, there are very strict legal requirements, one of which is that the entity is not allowed to make a profit, but can raise money, do research and development, etc.

Last edited by Guest24; 07-27-2008 at 05:58 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    This is untrue and not even close to being sane. Here is the only fact that needs to be said and the rest will dissolve under the light of the true facts.

We have an upload credit for $10 and for $25

That's it.

$10 and $25.

What some who are BAD at math are getting confused about, is the fact that we ALSO have a reward if someone donates MONTHLY this same $10 and $25.

And because if someone DOES this.... 10 for 12 months... that is a total of $120. We have added an UPGRADE for those who donate regularly... but it is still just this same $10.

And we do the same for The $25. One is a Patron Class. The other is a Noble. Since we have the whole Roman Theme going.

Nothing more than the boring old VIP class of most site with a more expressive name.

So, if someone donates for a whole YEAR of $25... they get this class for Life.

And the Math on that is 25 x 12 thats $300.

But that is a TOTAL OF NORMAL small donations over a years time.

Most groups have regular donors... nothing unusual at all.

But... and here is where those who are BAD at Math have failed to understand....

Because we are brand new and have many urgent needs, we posted that anyone who could, could choose to make that one year donation ALL at one time.

And we gave them a discount. Not $120 but just $100 and not $300 but $250.

So some ignorant punk who is bad at math and doesnt know that you can get 12 donuts and one free all the time, has gone off and make a big deal out of nothing.

So, there. The records is clear. Donate $10 once or as many times as you like.

Its the same $10 no matter how or when it comes in.

I guess some people just have nothing better to do than blow stuff up and seek attention for themselves.

PAX !
    Rachel Faith
    "In The Eye Of The Storm"

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    nobody here cares about math, our average age here is 13 and our average iq is ~ 69.

Anyway, what we do care is - IS THAT YOU ON THE PIC?

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    this was posted over at What, but I think everyone needs to see this.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6...awesomepp4.png

Nail.Head.Hit.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelFaith View Post
    Nothing more than the boring old VIP class of most site with a more expressive name.
    Now the other end. The VIPs. We do not have this term either. Rejected is the idea that someone is more important or very important beyond anyone else. All members are part of the same body. Any opinion from any member is received with the same hope, optimism and credibility as is any other. Each will be weighed on the merits of the idea, not on some favored status. You are all Very Important People. Words have meaning, and we have chosen the theme and the words for the titles with that care in mind.

Rachel Faith Anderson

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast