Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Threat to BitTorrent

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    A $250 donation, I've never ever seen such a sum mentioned on a tracker before.

The expectation that someone would actually consider that amount must be there for the figure to be quoted in the first place.

However, it's up to members what they decide to do, not me or the OP bitching on a public forum, the members themselves will decide what is, and isn't, a fair donation for what they get.

It's all checks & balances, and if a person wants to run an internet torrent site as a means of employment, so what, it takes a lot of time & effort in keeping something like that afloat, some will dislike it, some will embrace it, just leave it to their userbase to decide what is and isn't ethical.

One man's wine is another man's vinegar, if you don't like something then either move on or fight it from within, not create a new account here and whine about it, sounds like sour grapes.

this isnt about p2l solely....it's about this whole "bittorrent trackers unite", registered business, and new world order ideals she has

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well on that, i have not heard anything at all.

so either its a load of bull, or im not invited lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    "We reject every element of that thought. We embrace a better future. We believe the statutes change. We believe public perception changes. We are students of the law, of history and we are agents of change."

She is a blind idiot.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Who? View Post
    this isnt about p2l solely....it's about this whole "bittorrent trackers unite", registered business, and new world order ideals she has
    Are you seriously telling me that the ideas & ideals that a person has, especially one as volatile as top sites all joining up as one with TPB et al, is a wrong ideal?

We can all have aspirations, I aspire to be a multi-millionaire, but I know in reality it will never happen.

Are you going to open up a thread at vortex now saying that SgtMajor guy from FST wants to be a millionaire, what a dick he is, let's all bash him?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison
    I havnt read all that post, but i did notice this tidbit.

tell that to the owners of elitetorrents for the star wars leak.

tell that to the person that leaked the Hulk Work print.

just because it doesnt happen often, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

I wish you luck in your business venture, but then a tracker shouldnt be about making a business or raking in the cash, it should be about sharing the files and making a community.

but your site, you can do with it as you please.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    It will collapse under the weight of it's own absurdity.
    None of the better trackers will ever agree to co-operate anyway.
    Delusional people are never a lasting threat.

And Sarg there's already a thread like that here.Do a search.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest24 View Post
    This is not a debate. This is a direction and a path. You are welcome to walk it with us, or stop and wait and watch, or run and hide as far as you may need to run. We will not hold it against you in any path you choose.

Rachel Faith Anderson
    /me runs and hides to deep darkest corner

editZ:

i read your "vision" over again, yet i found nothing convincing.

comparing it with slavery and women's revolution you were making it look like a big deal which it's not, not to me at least.

also, torrenting should be about sharing not p2l.

beside, if p2p were to be business what different is it from usenet?

P.S. p2p as a legal business WILL be an epic fail, it might even lead someone behind the bars, imo
    Last edited by squirr3l; 07-27-2008 at 05:48 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Nice try, but capitalism on a large scale and copyright infringement don't mix. As stoi said, you aren't the first person with big eyes staring at your own Bittorrent tracker thinking "Hey, I don't need a job.. I'll make a living off this!" Trackers are about sharing, not profiting off of other people sharing. If you're looking for outrageous donations in the amount of $250, it's just greed and capitalism, pay to leech; I'd rather buy the software than participate in that.

Hey, why don't you take that money, hire a few software programmers, make some Mac programs, and put them on your tracker. You know, legal things?

Oh, and trust me, your non profit tax exempt designation will quickly be investigated, because surely if you continue to do this, you will get press. And I know you're thinking press = $$$, but you're wrong. If you host any torrents that aren't freeware software, companies (such as Apple) will challenge your non profit status. And by the way, donating $250 for 500gb? Apple's law team will be preschoolers, since you won't need lawyers to easily prove that you are committing donation solicitation. Your tax exempt status will be stripped, you'll be sued. End of story.

I usually don't get bothered by such topics, but this makes TL look good. Stick with sharing, stick with 1:1. Stop monetizing it.
    Last edited by integral; 07-27-2008 at 05:49 PM.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    that p2p may not have ever put anyone in prison
    I havnt read all that post, but i did notice this tidbit.

tell that to the owners of elitetorrents for the star wars leak.

tell that to the person that leaked the Hulk Work print.

just because it doesnt happen often, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.
    plus the OiNK guy.

Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    Hey, why don't you take that money, hire a few software programmers, make some Mac programs, and put them on your tracker. You know, legal things?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    is Mrs Anderson (hah!) an actual person? Her speech had me in tears... Nah not really, but seriously how dramatic can you get? All sounds like a scam to me. The whole 'contributions' thing.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast