Thread: History Not Being Saved

I'ld like to know your suggestions about this problem that started for few days. Everytime when I reboot the system the adresses that were stored in the adress bar dissapear . It means that History isn't working. I'm using IE 6 and I do not have any VirusScan 6 as Kellys Korner suggested:

''McAfee gave this solution to the bug where VirusScan 6 stops your Internet Explorer History file working. Hope it is of some help:

Open VirusScan console
    Select "Pick a task..."
    Select "Change my VirusScan settings"
    Select "Configure VShield background scanning"
    Select "Customise your VShield settings"

Select the "Internet Filter" icon from the icons down the left hand side On the "Detection" tab, in the 'Applet filters' section, remove the tick next to "ActiveX Controls". ''

I'm using WinXP PRO. The History Option is also ok ( 10 days ).

Thanks. And please help me out

I know that this isn't related but it doesn't matter .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Bump!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    I dont quite get it. Are you using a Anti Virus or not?

If not make a free online scan at http://housecall.trendmicro.com/, than get yourself an Anti Virus as soon as possible.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I did a scan with my Norton-Antivirus 2003 updated and I didn't find nothing. I did a scan with Trojan Hunter and I didn't find nothing , I did a scan with SpyBot and Ad-ware and I didn't find nothing also. I've got Norton Personal Firewall.

I guess I'm going to suicide...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Can you call up your previous pages visited using your IE history button?

I only ask because I seem to have the same problem. Though in all honestly, I think it more a blessing. Yet this had not started to occur until I recently checked the "clear my recent documents upon exiting" box somewhere on my system. Sorry, I cannot seem to remember where exactly.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    No. That's the problem. If I'm going to type in the adress bar , an URl like : www.yahoo.com ; I'll be to see the other URL's that I Type before like www.yet.com ( for instance ). But if I didn't type nothing and I want to see the previous pages visited , they won't appear.

I cannot even expand the adress bar. I click on the arrow but it won't expand.

Please... someone...Buá....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I don't get it. Sounds like a good thing. Just add a page you'd like to revisit to your favorites.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    What does it say if you look under preferences/history, how many days should the pages be kept?

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    my comp used 2 do stuff like that often, run and kazaa(not k-lite) did it aswell. in IE i thing it mite be cuz u clear ur histroy often

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    You ran spybot !!!!! You honestly don't expect to have stuff in history when you've wiped that history do you?
    What else have you installed and run? window washer? norton utilities?