Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is 1.6.1 banned? on tti and other trackers

Quote Originally Posted by fOrUmAs View Post
    not again with all this false shity rumors...

1.6.1 is pretty old client

use 177 but probably in few days the new 1.8 version will be released or u can download utorrent 1.8 RC 6

no one use anymore 1.6 version
    Yeah, they do :p

Just because its newer doesn't necessarily mean its better. And that doesn't have to be about wearing a tin foil hat either. A good example would be how many poeple stuck with Nero 6 over 7..

Quote Originally Posted by sokrates View Post
    i still use 1.6.1^^ always works quite well..
    couldnt say that about the 1.7.x versions in my case, so why should i upgrade?
    and as long as my favourite trackers dont ban 1.6.1 i wont change to another client..
    +1

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdIrish View Post
    Yeah, they do :p

Just because its newer doesn't necessarily mean its better. And that doesn't have to be about wearing a tin foil hat either. A good example would be how many poeple stuck with Nero 6 over 7..
    this rule can be applied to all software, i also dont like continous upgrades of program which makes them usually harder to run, but still, there is nothing wrong with utorrent 177, i upgraded from 161 in seconds and voila

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    walkman79's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    uTorrent version 1.6.1 still works very well but it is banned in some good trackers like ScT. They don't even want to discuss about it, they lock every thread that suggest 1.6.1 should be allowed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12