Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why New Trackers Are Worthless And More Importantly Dangerous

oh hai brandon

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I ment for a new tracker in the current climate m8
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Id like you to check out sct and see what you think of "security"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    There isnt a competition to see how secure one site is against another, just like there isnt a competition between pre's. Nobody is competing to grab users. If your secure then you're secure, some sites dont even utilize https protocol, which is a joke. Before https, all information was unencrypted, meaning if you knew what you were doing you read information in and out of the site like a book.

I'm sure a top level site like sct has coders just as good, but I cant speak for it since I haven't seen the code. Needless to say, for a site that has as many users as sct does compared to FTN or FSC, then the script has to be adjusted to that. I dont think users realize how much of the site they dont see when they're browsing. Endless of protocols and checks for the top notch sites, you dont get anything close to that with a started up tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    Before I join any site a obtain a copy of the code of the tracker itself, its east to do this, right click webpage > View Source. Then i usually ask questions if I can, then see what type of reputation it has.
    while agree with you post in general, this quote is completly wrong and makes me wonder if you know anything about programming...

you don't see shit in the html source page, it's just the presentation layer generated by the server, from a java, php, ruby, perl program, whatever, they all produce html to the user browser. That's it... you can't prevent sql injection in this layer and you can't say a tracker is secure looking at the html source in any way, the security is on the back end and unless you have an access to the source files on their server, forget it

so basically, you will never see the code unless the sysop wants to give it to you or if you hack them of course (but then you would have your answer about their security already hehe)
    Last edited by KFlint; 07-29-2008 at 04:10 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    HOLY SHIT do u know what the fuck you are talking about? Do you remember me..the one who had 50 hacked accounts at YOUR site...then u disabled me when you could have given a warning...ya your site is so secure....besides the point i had 50 hacked accounts...your moderators were in shock when they saw it and just stared in awe and u say your site is so secure...put your money where your mouth is
    i be lurking

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    HOLY SHIT do u know what the fuck you are talking about? Do you remember me..the one who had 50 hacked accounts at YOUR site...then u disabled me when you could have given a warning...ya your site is so secure....besides the point i had 50 hacked accounts...your moderators were in shock when they saw it and just stared in awe and u say your site is so secure...put your money where your mouth is
    heumm....your not exactly the kind of person we want around here

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    He also has f accounts ahahah as far as i remember

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    The best thread i've seen here in the last weeks...

Btw, I really want to see 1080p's answer to the KFlint's first post.

It's a really interesting one. At least a lot of users will learn something, including me ofc.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by f.b.i View Post
    the best thread i've seen here in the last weeks...

Btw, i really want to see 1080p's answer to the kflint's first post.

It's a really interesting one. At least a lot of users will learn something, including me ofc.
    +1
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast