Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why New Trackers Are Worthless And More Importantly Dangerous

SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman51 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    Id like you to check out sct and see what you think of "security"
    HOLY SHIT do u know what the fuck you are talking about? Do you remember me..the one who had 50 hacked accounts at YOUR site...then u disabled me when you could have given a warning...ya your site is so secure....besides the point i had 50 hacked accounts...your moderators were in shock when they saw it and just stared in awe and u say your site is so secure...put your money where your mouth is
    OMFG WHAT A H4X0R!!

HE CAN PHISH PEOPLE!! OMG WTF?!?!

[/sarcasm]

If you want to show off your "skills" go brag about it at W-BB, where people seem to care.
    o hai

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyl3KK View Post
    Couldn't agree more. And as far as ScT goes I think it's very secure myself. Usually though when I see a new tracker I sign up with a dummy name and mail and pass, to see if I like it, and to see if my accounts get hacked. (I've had this happen to my ScT account, and my Tophos account)

If everything's ok, I delete the account and ask someone for another invite sometime later and use it.
    it depends if you use your actual ip address when you signup, not only do some of these noob trackers pose risk to your account security, what possibly even your personal security in regards to fines. I just say dont risk it, only thing I'd have to say wrong from sct is that they have pay2invite

Id like you to check out sct and see what you think of "security"
    HOLY SHIT do u know what the fuck you are talking about? Do you remember me..the one who had 50 hacked accounts at YOUR site...then u disabled me when you could have given a warning...ya your site is so secure....besides the point i had 50 hacked accounts...your moderators were in shock when they saw it and just stared in awe and u say your site is so secure...put your money where your mouth is
    your genes should be eliminated from the gene-pool so nobody has to deal with your incompetence

Not only did you screw yourself over for any type of respect, you've given up your identity

Moron.
    Last edited by 1080p; 07-29-2008 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    it depends if you use your actual ip address when you signup, not only do some of these noob trackers pose risk to your account security, what possibly even your personal security in regards to fines. I just say dont risk it, only thing I'd have to say wrong from sct is that they have pay2invite
    I did use my home IP to sign up but whatever. I doubt ScT is going to get hacked anytime soon or do anything to put me at risk.

As far as pay2invite, let them do what they want. If it works for them, fine. Besides, theres plenty of other ways to get free ScT invites throughout the year. Besides, I got invited for free. You just gotta know people.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    I misread your post, i had thought you meant that you used a dummy acc, etc. on a newly made tracker
    ScT is pretty reputable, I wouldn't think twice about my account or personal identity being compromised on there

as for trackers like "lovethescene.net"

its a crapshoot

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Agreed.

I was on that bit-hdtv list. Unbelievable. Madness on forums when some idiots posted the links on the forum. Luckily I always use different passwords (password managers ftw) on all torrent sites I use.
    I immediately left bit-hdtv. You can't take a tracker like that serious after what happened.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I misread your post, i had thought you meant that you used a dummy acc, etc. on a newly made tracker
    I did say that, which I only started it doing recently. Ever since iTS, right after I joined there I had my accounts tried to be hacked into, so any new tracker that wasn't made by someone I know and trust, then I do use a dummy name/pass.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Interesting stuff. I had my FTN account hacked recently and believe it may have been a staffer somewhere, no clue where though. I think I holed up the security on my end, but idk. In any case, the fact is most new trackers are clearly worthless and won't be around long.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ScT is pretty reputable, I wouldn't think twice about my account or personal identity being compromised on there

as for trackers like "lovethescene.net"

its a crapshoot

im not trying to show off my skills...i didnt even hack it...i just know some hackers...and i handed over the list of user and passes to the sct staff...its not like i used it or something

you didn't hack sct, or any of that crap, you just used passwords from some lame tracker that didn't encrypt their users details and tried them at sct.

So do you know what you are talking about? Retard.
    first thing i didnt hack sct...or any of that crap...i really didnt do anything all did was recieve a list of user and passes to your site from a hacker...and also i handed it over to you...thats all i did if u remember correctly

still calling me retarded? i did the right thing and handed it over to u and u calling me retarded? wow i help and this is the thanks i get...screw u.

Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post

heumm....your not exactly the kind of person we want around here
    damnit it i didnt hack it! i handed it over to him! i was being a good person.....wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post

OMFG WHAT A H4X0R!!

[/sarcasm]

If you want to show off your "skills" go brag about it at W-BB, where people seem to care.
    again..i didnt do any hacking...honestly i have no clue how to hack...i said i got a list of them and give it to them...when the fuck did i say i hacked their site? and when the fuck was i bragging...im just surprised he said that sct is "secure"

in the list i got i basically found NO accounts to any of the actually secure trackers

if u think sct is secure ur wrong...u can buy an invite for crying out loud...u can just go look in a bunch of forums and find people selling invites!
    Last edited by hitman51; 07-29-2008 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    i be lurking

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    tbh it looks like your saving you ass here you clearly say that you were the one who hacked 50 accounts and the staff was an "aw", maybe you were trying to be a good person, but from what the original post says, you claim, and are darn proud of it, that you hacked Feeling's site.

im not trying to show off my skills...i didnt even hack it...i just know some hackers...and i handed over the list of user and passes to the sct staff...its not like i used it or something

you didn't hack sct, or any of that crap, you just used passwords from some lame tracker that didn't encrypt their users details and tried them at sct.

So do you know what you are talking about? Retard.
    first thing i didnt hack sct...or any of that crap...i really didnt do anything all did was recieve a list of user and passes to your site from a hacker...and also i handed it over to you...thats all i did if u remember correctly

still calling me retarded? i did the right thing and handed it over to u and u calling me retarded? wow i help and this is the thanks i get...screw u.

Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post

heumm....your not exactly the kind of person we want around here
    damnit it i didnt hack it! i handed it over to him! i was being a good person.....wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post

OMFG WHAT A H4X0R!!

[/sarcasm]

again..i didnt do any hacking...honestly i have no clue how to hack...i said i got a list of them and give it to them...when the fuck did i say i hacked their site? and when the fuck was i bragging...im just surprised he said that sct is "secure"

in the list i got i basically found NO accounts to any of the actually secure trackers

if u think sct is secure ur wrong...u can buy an invite for crying out loud...u can just go look in a bunch of forums and find people selling invites!
    First of all your dumb, lets just get that out of the way

Now secondly, the site has NO RESPONSIBLITY that a user uses the same password on each site and gets pwned, when I say secure I meant that you would probably never get a list on unencrypted id's and passwords from sct's site, but if you get them from lets say lovethescene.net and cross reference them, wth is sct suppose to do......moron
    Also, security for me means you won't get f'ed by mpaa and riaa and also your personal information ie. ip, passwords wont get leaked to authorities and/or other users
    Last edited by 1080p; 07-29-2008 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    tbh it looks like your saving you ass here you clearly say that you were the one who hacked 50 accounts and the staff was an "aw", maybe you were trying to be a good person, but from what the original post says, you claim, and are darn proud of it, that you hacked Feeling's site.
    nah im god damn proud that i had that list and witnessed that and also they gave me an invite because i turned in all those accounts....so believe me i was a good person and handed it over

im not saving my ass kinda just pissed that people misinterpreted it....tbh i dont know shit about hacking

and for the record i could careless if my account here is active or not....i just like reading the news and also if i ever need to use newsgroups this is a great site for it...only reason im here
    i be lurking

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast