Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Why New Trackers Are Worthless And More Importantly Dangerous

I'm at school, i cant be on the boards replying to everyone 24/7
    I have a resemblence of a life

Also just wanted to be a clear, no self-respecting torrenter joins a tracker thats new

they join fimiliar trackers

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    different usernames,passwords and email

what else you got to lose ?

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    I'd also like to mention, at this point i consider myself like playdo. Although I am quite new to the private tracker world, i torrented as far back as suprnova, and use to browse these forums as a guest. Any point made a member is likely to mold mine. Some people call that giving in, i call it being it being new

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Awesome post and soooo true. I don't know why people chasing these small shit trackers that claim to be 133t. In my book, a tracker with <3,000 members is shit.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post

Also just wanted to be a clear, no self-respecting torrenter joins a tracker thats new

In that case I aint self respecting I join some that are mentioned at place even tho not really know who involved.
    Your post has no real logic behind it, there are some many people here that think that only the high level trackers have some thing good to offer.

Well they should try some of the smaller really friendly trackers that are about get to know those communities and then realise that torrenting is not all about having a list of high level trackers
    I am a member of some of the high level trackers and have been quiet a long time but I probable spend more time on some of the smaller lesser known trackers where I feel the staff and owners spend a lot more time with there members and really are for them rather than trying to find ratio cheats, traders, invite sellers as they are less likely to have those issues
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Wow someone with some real sense has hit the forum. Reasons why most people want to be apart of tracker is mostly due to being cool (Or them thinking they will be), pure curiousity (Which is the reason why I became a member of a few sites) and purely cause you need to the content a said site has to offer. Especially the specialty torrent sites. The 0days not such much. Also 2 sites i'm apart of personally has a great forum (which barely offer torrents anyways).

I definitely see your reasoning in relation to starting a new tracker and the experience you need and the money it will cost (Which will leave you in the red, a long time before seeing any profit at all, for the sole purposes of keeping the site alive).

Good post! Even though you heard this same sentence 50 times before me now lol.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post

In that case I aint self respecting I join some that are mentioned at place even tho not really know who involved.
    Your post has no real logic behind it, there are some many people here that think that only the high level trackers have some thing good to offer.

Well they should try some of the smaller really friendly trackers that are about get to know those communities and then realise that torrenting is not all about having a list of high level trackers
    I am a member of some of the high level trackers and have been quiet a long time but I probable spend more time on some of the smaller lesser known trackers where I feel the staff and owners spend a lot more time with there members and really are for them rather than trying to find ratio cheats, traders, invite sellers as they are less likely to have those issues
    My post has to do with trackers that are just coming out, not trackers that have been established and built a reputation

and the only people that think high level trackers have something good to offer are collectors and traders, which in that case aren't respectable in my eyes

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    There is always noobs, they have to join somewhere also.

Plus the more the better, they can shut them all down at once!

9. BitTorrent   -   #59

My post has to do with trackers that are just coming out, not trackers that have been established and built a reputation

and the only people that think high level trackers have something good to offer are collectors and traders, which in that case aren't respectable in my eyes

Some of the trackers I am on about are only a few months old, maybe are established very quickly tho
    As for hwat I think of high level trackers some are great some aint so great but I am neither a collector or trader. In fact to be honest I had invite to some of them before I even realised there was sites like here that rated them for rarity,content etc etc but hey I guess it is who you know that gets you into top sites rather than what invite sites you are on
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60

Some of the trackers I am on about are only a few months old, maybe are established very quickly tho
    As for hwat I think of high level trackers some are great some aint so great but I am neither a collector or trader. In fact to be honest I had invite to some of them before I even realised there was sites like here that rated them for rarity,content etc etc but hey I guess it is who you know that gets you into top sites rather than what invite sites you are on
    Not looking for anything

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast