Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antivirous : NOD 32 vs Kaspersky

#Palestinian#'s Avatar Assistant.......

Sick

Hi there .......

Pple said NOD 32 is the best antivirus in the world !!!!!!!!!!

Well I was looking for antivirus 3 months ago and while i was surfing this thread
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-sof...ou-use-95387/?

I found out that NOD 32 is the best antivirus , not one or two persons said that but hundred .
    so i download the program and everything went great , find viruses , it doesn't take too much from processor and updating everyday .

But does NOD 32 clean all viruses ????? that what i have noticed today .

I used NOD 32 to scan my flash disc , and i found that there is a virus ( 1 virus as NOD 32 said ) , and i scanned it using Kaspersky 2009 and i found 55 virus ( waaaaaaaaaaw ) that's after NOD32 has scanned the flash !!!!!!!

what does that's mean ???

is NOD32 Bad antivirus ?? or it's not complete version ( I cracked it and i can update it everyday ) ??

Or is Kaspersky detect unharmfull files and delete them ????

I need an answer cause i'm almost confused ( and i can't install both program on the same laptop )

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MaaxHimself's Avatar ‡ Borat Sagdiyev ‡ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I've tried NOD 32 but found that I prefer Kaspersky.
    It just comes down to user preference, there is no superior Anti-Virus.

Only problem Ive found with Kaspersky is that the keys are being blacklisted more and more frequently.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    #Palestinian#'s Avatar Assistant.......
    ya u are completely right
    but u can find new keys and that's not a problem cause when u see the problem on front of ur eyes better than it's hidden .

NOD32 have too much hidden problem , that's a big problem cause u need to recognize it first then fix it .

But kaspersky told u where is ur problem so u need only to fix it .

so u prefer Kaspersky , then we are 2 now ...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I prefer NOD32 ;x

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I have used both for many times and i must say that Kaspersky is little better than nod32...

Kaspersky use more advance technology and also he probably my favorit feature that he can even detect if some program like office or something else have vulnerability and he will show that to u..

and this new Kaspersky 2009 is just great

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    kaspersky is BEST however now recent Norton Internet Securoty 2008 takin less resources and detected few viruses which neither Nod or Kaspersky did. I prefer Kaspersky over Nod
    Last edited by maverick_andy; 08-01-2008 at 04:10 AM.
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick_andy View Post
    ...Norton 2008... detected few viruses which neither Nod or Kaspersky did...
    Please elaborate. Which viruses? Whose test? Where are the test results?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    maverick_andy's Avatar broken heart... BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick_andy View Post
    ...Norton 2008... detected few viruses which neither Nod or Kaspersky did...
    Please elaborate. Which viruses? Whose test? Where are the test results?
    here are PIcs hope it will ans to ur queries
    http://i34.tinypic.com/2zz401v.jpg

Though Norton IS 2008 shows remove failed becoz it was in rar file. After wards I manually deleted that rar file.Those files which are not rared they are removed by NIS. NOW i hv both KIS 2009 and NIS 2008. before manually deleting those rar files, I scanned with KIS, NOD which shows no results. One thing is true no antivirus is 100% assure u free frm viruses
    I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,
    and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.

I am proud to be a part of this communities.FSC|FST

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I am using kaspersky mainly for the application filtering feature.

Even if a virus pass, if it hasn't digital signature, it will be classified as restricted and won't get network access and start up privileges.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Although i use NOd32 i see all of AV's as crap, in event you got infected non of them can help you, you must do it yourself cuz most of bad virus mostly spyware and adware are integrated in the windows files like Win Explorer and these Av's software's cant do shit about it, most of the job is done manually by shutting down the "in-use" programs to delete them manually, and even if you do so you'll end up with Run.dll problems on next bootup.

IMO all these Av's are useful in one thing which is detecting; which makes it only 50% of virus protection.

Take a word of advice from me, keep away from non trusted sites/application and always have latest backup of your system before stepping into unknown, most of the times i simply role back, it just takes 15 min instead of removing infected IE and then affiliated infection and then reinstalling them to see error messages at boot up which makes every thing you did pointless.

Get your cracks only from closed sites and even run a virus test on the files taken from there, cuz last time i downloaded Nod32 from torrentLeech to upgrade from older version the crack attached to it had spyware, automatic protection of Nod32 caught it only after installing the crack which by then was pointless and i had to 1.visit tons of sites to find solution 2.try tons of softwares to remove the problem which non of them worked 3.Close Explorer 4.Remove three infection from win32 5.edit bootup options. all over all took around 1/5 hrs(incl finding infection).

in my own time once read all said above but found it ridiculous which you may find it as well but trust me you will come to the point where you will recall what said in regards to anti virus's in this reply.

on topic, KAV and NOD32 and most of commercial AV's list cracks as malware so if you're sure that where ever you took those cracks wont screw you and you have read the comments made on those downloads you can ignore the warnings. just keep all of your games and software's which are cracked in one folder and except that folder from automatic scanning.
    Last edited by BawA; 08-01-2008 at 07:04 AM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast