Thread: From the old to the new

Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    Well my first build was into my thermaltake tsunami dream. It was good for storage and that but temps were getting very high and cable management was getting be a pain in the ass. .

. So i swapped cases and my bro is getting the tsunami.

I now have an Antec 900 gaming case tis lil bit heavier given that its made out of steel and the tsunami was made out of aluminium. But cable management, air circulation, driver management and the space is a lil better
    When i swapped cases i just shot everything in to be fair, so the cable management looked a bit like this a mess really lol.
    Ive got a new GPU and heat sink aswell ( thanks for clocker for the heatsink recommendation) i love the funky lil ram heatsink i didnt realise how much bigger the 8800 GT is was compared to my ATI sapphire X1550

But ive now had a go at the cable management and also looked into better air circulation for my CPU. ive moved the HDD's down so they are now right beside the GPU. But now my CPU has air moving straight from the front of the case to the outside.

cable management is still a bit bad but its much better than what is was before.
    But all is well in my new case and i love it, though it does suck up dust like a vaccum cleaner

Just thought would post this to hear what you all think

Specs are as follows;
    Manufacturer: Custom

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, Black Edition

Memory: 4096MB RAM OCZ

Hard Drive: 660 GB Total

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 920N 19'

Sound Card: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek AC'97 Audio)

Speakers/Headphones: Logitech and Sennheiser eh 350

Keyboard: USB Root Hub Logitech

Mouse: USB Root Hub Logitech

Mouse Surface: Standard

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930) 32Bit

Motherboard: WinFast

Computer Case: Antec 900 ultimate gamming case, antec 6 fan cooling system
    Last edited by Acid_death69; 08-02-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My name is Dan for the people who care!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    So, did the temps go down?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Acid_death69's Avatar confuddled?!
    yerr they did, im at home atm and wif the tsunami case they were around 60-70 and sometimes my pc would just crash cos fo the heat. Now with the antec they are around 30-40. So a massive improvment on that part.
    When i added the new GPU obv added heat to the case and the tsunami wasnt dealing with it very well the antec is

My name is Dan for the people who care!