Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am going to come in my pants

Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    OMG.

8pm Monday evening, C4.

Richard Dawkins......the thinking woman's aged crumpet, doing a documentary on only the most influential and bestest scientist in the world, Charles Darwin.

I am so damned well going to watch it

2. Lounge   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Richard Dawkins is going to hell.

He turned me into an atheist.

Yay!

3. Lounge   -   #3
    He can be a bit of a knob, but mostly I think he's ok. You could have a blazing row with a man like that and then make up after

Were you religious before then?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Do we really think that Darwin was the bestest scientist ever.

I mean he explained stuff, fair do's and we have a better understanding of how life on Earth works. But surely other people also did stuff which resulted in the betterment of man's life.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I was religious by default but I reached (at least) agnosticism by the time I was 14.

It certainly wasn't Dawkins who confirmed my doubt. He's the Idiot's Guide To Nihilism like.

Not saying he's wrong.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    No, he wasn't the bestest I suppose: the second bestest. Robert Hooke was better.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    I was religious by default but I reached (at least) agnosticism by the time I was 14.

It certainly wasn't Dawkins who confirmed my doubt. He's the Idiot's Guide To Nihilism like.

Not saying he's wrong.
    No, me neither. I like to keep an open mind and he's a bit too anti for me. He's sure there is no God and I'm happy to say there isn't until proven otherwise.

My parents had a funny mix of religiousness and irreligiousness, but were bigger on personal morality than answering to a higher being. I think what sealed it for me was when my dad baptised me in the River Jordan when I was 14 and I was furious and it felt really really wrong. Follow your heart whatever it tells you I guess.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Dawkins is a cunt.

True story.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post

Not saying he's wrong.
    No, me neither. I like to keep an open mind and he's a bit too anti for me. He's sure there is no God and I'm happy to say there isn't until proven otherwise.

My parents had a funny mix of religiousness and irreligiousness, but were bigger on personal morality than answering to a higher being. I think what sealed it for me was when my dad baptised me in the River Jordan when I was 14 and I was furious and it felt really really wrong. Follow your heart whatever it tells you I guess.
    There was you just having a wee paddle as well.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post

Not saying he's wrong.

Was that the purpoise of the journey or did your dad seize a romantic opportunity/whim?

Was your dad truly religious or merely spiritual/romantic?

Or was he a cunt?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast