Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears: AntiTraders

Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

This is what I'm thinking too.

But as always, thank you for your views 1080p. They're always interesting to read. I'm just starting to think you take the internet a little bit too seriously.

But to comment about the topic. I also believe that most of the hardcore anti-traders here, were once traders themselves in the past. That was an interesting point you brought up.
    haha, I almost never browse the internet, I find time after work and school usually around 9-11, I don't make way to post or be active anywhere for that matter
    whats your job irl?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by disconny View Post
    haha, I almost never browse the internet, I find time after work and school usually around 9-11, I don't make way to post or be active anywhere for that matter
    whats your job irl?
    I'm a computer tech for a petroleum engineering company

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Sorry, I never believed in generalizations because itīs synonym of prejudice and lead to mistakes.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    not really, some generalizations are in place for a reason

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    There's no real reason to be anti-trader. I myself won't waste tons of time typing long-winded reasons of why traders are bad for torrenting, but to each their own. I simply avoid inviting traders to the best of my ability, because it could get my invites/account disabled. Besides, I believe most people here don their signature/custom user titles of anti-trader/I hate traders/no trading simply for the preservation of their own self image.

Just as in real life, choices you make on the Internet will affect availability of other choices later on. If you choose to be a trader, your choices will be different (arguably lesser of number or quality) than if you decided not to be a trader.

they didn't built Rome in one day

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I believe the term "anti-trader" originated from traders... ironic isn't it. Non-trader would probably be a better term but it's easier to lay the hate on someone that's "anti" something.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    The ones who should be shot at dawn are scammers, cheaters & fucknuggets, and if you run your own site then traders that deal in your invites & your accounts can be added to your personal shit list of assholes and shot with the rest of them.
    Are you subtly requesting to be shot at dawn?

Sharing the love

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Part 2 of 'The Thoughts of Chairman 1080p'. It must be nice to be so sure (full) of yourself.

Every thought you have doesn't have to be turned into an essay.
    Also you start by saying this is part 2 of a trilogy, although you have no idea what part 3 will be. Why not try it the other way round? find something you want to say first and then decide to make a thread about it.
    Last edited by wheeloftime; 08-04-2008 at 09:06 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This is part dos of my trilogy of views on bittorrent, I have no idea what part 3 will be, but everyone knows that sequels suck so this one and the next are probably horrific. Also if you post, please keep it on topic and don't threaten others.

Anti-traders really piss me off as much as traders do. Why? Because only people who identify themselves as "anti-traders" have been traders in the past who "have learned from their mistakes" and need things for "free". Spamming trading threads, telling others your not going to get into a tracker by trading, kissing community reps ass, among other things isn't going to get you recognized as a quality member here. Neither is posting colorful links to your "proofs" and what you "need" for "free". I am going to examine this sentence for a second.

I need [placeholder] only for free.

First of all, this is the internet, you don't need anything. What you do need is food and water. Not an invite to a lousy tracker to get stuff that are otherwise readily available for you via other private sites and/or public trackers.
    Now onwards towards the word "free". Getting a legitamate invite from a member with giving nothing back isn't called free. Any invite I have ever accumulated from anyone, whether that be from a forum or via IRC, I invest a lot, A LOT, of time chatting and making a name for myself. Now that doesn't mean I chat or hang out to get invites, I just build a trust with other members. Thats called a reputation. And getting a repuation isn't easy at all, hence why you getting an invite for "free" is a null statement.

Another thing, who made up anti-trader. It sounds so negative, its basically a doublt negative. How about the title, "rule follower" or
    "repectable user".

People, you don't have to downgrade yourself to traders by labeling yourself the anti of them.

Now back to this sentence "Because only people who identify themselves as "anti-traders" have been traders in the past who "have learned from their mistakes" and need things for "free"."

I say this because users who havent traded, cheated, scammed, etc. don't need to label themselves as an anti-trader of all things. They have no need to make it known in public what they are. On the other hand, any person I see that claims they are an anti-trader have had a trading thread in their post history. These people have to make it public, often in annoying bright colors and incoherent english, that they have learned better. Thus they say they are anti-trade now.

So, to me, all anti-traders are, ironically, people who use to trade but are trying to save their asses. Who knows, maybe one of you did learn from your mistakes, but in the grand scheme of things, you cannot be trusted for that mistake. Deal with it.

Anyway, my two cents on trading and antitrading

part III coming soon
    you dont have better things to do in your life? relax ....
    Vectoral FTW!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    who then hell cares what you think?
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    first of all, fuck off puckface, youve been on my case for absolutley no reason, gtfo of my thread

if you dont like the read either
    A post something usefull that isnt the lowest scum on the earth
    or
    B dont post at all

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast