Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newegg not as good anymore?

can I curse? FUCK!
    Anybody else feel newegg isn't as great as it once was? I was looking for the Seagate 1TB drive and its $20 more on newegg than on zipzoomfly.
    The canon EOS Xsi 12.2MP is like $80 more on newegg than zipzoom
    The Q9550 on newegg is almost $100 more than zipzoom!

What do you guys think?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    competition is inevitable

will have to check out zipzoom...thanks for the tip

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    yeah man newegg its offering real good prices these days but then they more than make up for it by their replacement/warranty/customer support standards

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Well yeah competition is inevitable but usually newegg is only like $10 higher than zipzoom.. I'm thinking this neweggmall stuff is really going to kill newegg. They're probably using the extra money from their already established department (electronics/hardware) and putting it in to neweggmall.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i noticed also. They overprice lots of items. They still have good deals, if you look hard.

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    When I first started building my own PC's I bought all my stuff from Tiger Direct and never had to return a thing. When I found newegg from an ad in a PC Mag I thought I was in heaven, all the prices were so much lower. The problem was that they insisted on packing all the sensitive electronic stuff in static charged styrafoam peanuts and although the stuff was in static resistant bags its not static proof, just resistant so alot of the stuff was no good on arrival.

When you have to pay to ship something back, that low price isn't so low anymore. Then they decided to start charging restocking fees for something you sent back that was no good, and I asked, "why would you restock and resell an item that doesn't work" and they swore up and down that they never resell returned merchandise, but I know thats a lie, what is a restocking fee for anyhow.

So I agree, Newegg is like Nero 5 was, one of the greatest apps on the net and one of the greatest stores. Unfortunately Newegg is now like Nero7, a piece of crap. Of the last 5 items I purchased from Newegg, 4 had to be returned at my expense and the other one went bad soon after the return policy elapsed.

Needless to say, no more Newegg for me, I went back to Tiger Direct and have never had to return an item yet. Yes I pay a little more but I save in the long run and don't get all angry and frustrated anymore. Imagine waiting 3-7 days just to return something that immediately went out of stock when you bought the last one that didn't work and was probably returned 3 or 4 times before you got it.

Newegg sucks big time these days, its nothing like it was before the Corporate Shills got a hold of it.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 08-07-2008 at 11:50 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    The shipping prices are outrageous. $6 to ship a cable GFTO!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Also which one of you guys live in NY? I know NY started to make businesses charge tax for online purchases.. but that's only if they advertise in NY I believe.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    The shipping prices are outrageous. $6 to ship a cable GFTO!
    I was going to say that you would probably pay the same shipping cost for 10 cables.

Fortunately I checked before I put my foot in it. You are right, their shipping charges are crazy.

I won't be buying anything from Newegg from now on.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    The Seedman
    I use Newegg to find things and it's wishlists. But I use Pricegrabber.com to find out if it has the best price once I know what I want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast